Author Topic: Dog vs Gorrilla Glue  (Read 1240 times)

Online JW_Halverson

Dog vs Gorrilla Glue
« on: June 17, 2016, 12:16:02 pm »
Few people here will touch Gorilla Glue for bowmaking since it is nowhere near as strong as their marketing claims.  But many of us have it around the house for other tasks where it's gap filling abilities offset it's weak strength.  Here's something to know if you have a dog and Gorilla Glue:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/heres-what-happens-when-a-dog-eats-gorilla-glue/vi-AAh56n9?ocid=UE07DHP
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: Dog vs Gorrilla Glue
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 12:31:29 pm »
The Ewok Cub isn't allowed in the shop for various reasons. Glue being at about the bottom. He really likes eating wood.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 02:35:05 pm »
Thanks for that heads up JW! The dogs at my house are outside dogs on runners per county code and nosy neighbors. My sons first encounter with GG was to try to smell it and ended up with a brown dot on the end of his nose!

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 05:04:22 pm »
Thanks for that heads up JW! The dogs at my house are outside dogs on runners per county code and nosy neighbors. My sons first encounter with GG was to try to smell it and ended up with a brown dot on the end of his nose!

I got to watch a Thomson Center rep do that with Elk urine gel, except he squoze it and it was clogged, so he squoze it harder, dislodging the clog, and shooting it up his nose. I always get a kick out of people gagging!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.