Author Topic: Osage with bloodwood handle (No. 81)  (Read 4498 times)

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
Re: Osage with bloodwood handle (No. 81)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 01:18:03 am »
Outstanding work Simon! You produce bows that I can only dream about. Nice to see  such a fine bowyer from Bavaria, my mothers homeland and still have lots of family.

Hi Bob, greetings to your Mom from Bavaria!

Thanks a lot guys!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 06:57:58 am »
Are you sure you don't have a bunch of Santa's Elves employed full time. I don't know how you do it Simson not only unbelievable number of bows but all of them no matter how simple or complex done to perfection. And then you still make time to photograph and post them and reply on other members post. I can't even find enough time to reply on all the ones you've done in the last couple weeks so I'm just gonna say "great job man I love em all"
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 07:34:32 am »
Ditto what bjrogg said.Your work is a standard to look up to my friend.Beautiful work.Do you think this bow is shot in good and braced for at least 4 hours at a time too?I mean to hold 4.5" reflex on that length is pretty darn good.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline simson

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 10:34:05 am »
Ditto what bjrogg said.Your work is a standard to look up to my friend.Beautiful work.Do you think this bow is shot in good and braced for at least 4 hours at a time too?I mean to hold 4.5" reflex on that length is pretty darn good.

Yes Ed,
all my bows get a 24hours brace before the were shot.
This one is shot in and holds the reflex nicely, but it is not that difficult on a more or less straight stick. It is a complete other thing on statics like this one where even the bracing is an adventure: http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,56785.0.html.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 11:53:22 pm »
Kuddos to your craftsmanship simson.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed