Author Topic: BBO fumed (No. 80)  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Siyah Later

Re: BBO fumed (No. 80)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 09:56:01 am »
Incredible work!  It looks great after fuming, especially the bamboo.

Offline Bob W.

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 11:38:27 am »
Beautiful as always Simon. I'm going to give fuming a go, love  the  look!

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 11:47:26 am »
Yet another beauty, your bows always amaze me.

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 01:28:37 am »
If those tips got any thinner they wouldn't even cast a shadow. Good stuff!!!

I was surprised to see the boo took some color from the fuming as well. I wouldn't have expected that.

Me too, Dakota. But I like the color, next time I try to soak the boo first in osage soup to get more tanning acids.

Wunderschön Simon, wie immer.
Grüß aus  Mannheim.
I'm only curiose with one thing..i always had bad luck with the Bamboo nodes, when worked themm the way you did. Is it possibile to be just the Bamboo quality, or just bad luck..alot of people leave the nodes untouched, and thenn we have also people that just peal the skinn of..is there a special tehnique to do this, or is it just luck?

Ah, another German guy. Didn't know that.
I assume you know what rind is. In my experience the rind is tapering out at the nodes, so you have to work very carefully in that portion. I don't touch the nodes either, only slight sanding. I have used boo slats of different species, no idea what they exact are, with success.

All others:
Thanks for your nice compliments and yes she is fast.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline akila

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 04:13:24 pm »
Thanks for the info Simon..i also had bad luck in areas where i had no nodes..it may be that the quality of the bamboo was poor...but i also remember that, 2 times, i scraped the rid of using a scraper, and altough i did this veeery carefull, i still had some splinters lifting up from there..i could fortunatly save the bow by wraping the area with dacron.
PS..im not a real german..im from Romania, but i leave in Germany  since 2014 :). I was 2 years in München, and now in Mannheim, but i hope to return back to München soon.

Offline ajooter

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 09:32:17 pm »
I love all your bows Simon....but....i really like this one.  I love how its so dang straight you can just set the tips right in the crack of your decking!

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 10:35:17 pm »
Man Simon that looks like the perfect bow, everything about it is appealing. Bet it s a joy to shoot.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.