Author Topic: Mead Longbows  (Read 24872 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Mead Longbows
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2016, 02:22:33 pm »
Just for the record, the mods I made were mainly cosmetic.  I sanded out toolmarks, mostly.  For that matter, the sanding done on the siyahs likely added a bit of speed because it would have removed some weight. 

What weight arrows were you shooting from my bow when you scored the high speeds. David?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dmead

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2016, 02:29:24 pm »
450gr and a 400gr as stated in my video I made when testing your bow. The 400gr arrow broke when linen string was used.

Offline bubby

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2016, 02:31:13 pm »
The whole 200 fps with hunting weight arrows was brought up by patm and not Dave, somewhere along it morphed into 10grns it almost seems like some of ya are like a dog with a bone, heck they are cheap enough order one and see what ya get, jmo
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2016, 02:34:39 pm »
The whole 200 fps with hunting weight arrows was brought up by patm and not Dave, somewhere along it morphed into 10grns it almost seems like some of ya are like a dog with a bone, heck they are cheap enough order one and see what ya get, jmo

Indeed, Buy one or don't, but don't question the mans integrity.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Dmead

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2016, 02:57:02 pm »
Thanks gentlemen.  I am not on here solely to sell my bows, I hope you all realize that. I mean there are other business-owner/bowyers on here am I right? And they can just chat amongst you all without being salesman? Or it turning into an interrogation! Haha
While I do appreciate the support by telling people to buy one of my bows...i didn't want my first post to turn into an ad. I am truly hoping to be on to help others, and have others help me. Yes I have something special that is my secret. What bowyer doesn’t have secrets?
And yes I never claimed 200 fps with 10gpp..again not my goal in life.
I shoot whatever the finished weight of most of my hunting arrows are which is typically between 400-525gr give or take. The only arrows I pay attention to weight on is my flight arrows.

Offline PatM

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2016, 03:06:36 pm »

I was just mentioning what seemed to be claimed.
 The  10gpp and 200 fps is the Holy Grail of bows in general never mind self material.

So when it seemed like this might have been casually surpassed by some bamboo slats naturally it piques ones interest.

Now it does seem more like a one off shot and the arrows are less than 100 gpp which brings things back to  the more  reasonable 180ish.