Author Topic: Bits and pieces  (Read 13877 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: Bits and pieces
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2016, 05:58:10 pm »
Boy you have been busy..................we're going to have to get together on a fishing trip ....either in MI or KY..
I can take some fishing pretty seriously.... :)  ;)
DBar
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:29:28 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 05:59:18 pm »
Those are some very nice bows indeed. Everybody should take time to go fishing.
Northern Ute

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2016, 06:22:50 pm »
Very nice bows Chris
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2016, 07:14:49 pm »
Excellent work Chris, sharp and crisp lines like you always seem to get on your bows. They both look to be just perfect braced and sitting there waiting for the finishing touches. You gotta come back and give us pics. after the clear coats go on and really make them sizzle.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Steve Milbocker

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2016, 08:34:05 pm »
Looking good Chris. You better get a move on my buddy is slamming the gills right now;)
I'm no where near as smart as my phone!

Offline Arrowbuster

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 08:41:28 pm »
Those are beauties, I really want to carve a grip like the first one. Your an artist Pearl.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2016, 09:39:00 pm »
Thanks a bunch guys. I will post them complete as I get them done. I just thought I would toss up a few recent projects.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2016, 11:23:29 pm »
Can't wait to see these finished up Chris!  Does that crack go clean through?

Offline arachnid

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 03:45:38 am »
Very nice Pearlie! I really like the TD. In what angle did you attached the limbs?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 05:50:06 am »
Lookin' good Pearly ! I like the Goncola Alves - Smith&Wessen used it for grips for years and I have a Spirit Long Bow with GA riser and veneers on the limbs. Pretty stuff. Got the fishing fever this year Myself ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 08:28:32 am »
Very nice Pearlie! I really like the TD. In what angle did you attached the limbs?

No clue man. I just eyeball stuff until it looks right. In hind sight, I wish I would have added just a bit more. Next one will be better.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 10:04:09 am »
That take down is super interesting.  How long is the handle...'bout 10 inches total?
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 10:24:57 am »
The riser is 13" long, each limb has 28" from the end of the fade to the tip. So it is longer than it looks. 69".

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 11:34:37 am »
Very nice set of bows there Chris.Been wondering how that take down was coming along for ya.Osage orange limbs I imagine.I may have missed that earlier too.I've got a couple of friends here that make FG take downs that could get you all mixed up with their version and reasons for different angles on the riser.Reasons for speed or comfort of draw.I get lost listening to them sometimes.Applying the old creed for starting out long enough and wide enough seems to take care of things most times.You've got that for sure.
Lately I've leaned to making osage bows of sub-66" long a bit wider than 1.5".Out to almost 1.75" really.In the working limbs anyway.All for set reasons.Sweet looking pair of braced osage bows though.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Will B

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »
Those bows are Amazing.  I am really impressed with both bows but the TD is really nice.  Thanks for sharing these two bows.  Will B.