Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 89020 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2016, 10:59:58 pm »
Looking great bud! I love the idea. You could find you a self locking nut. It has a nylon bushing inside the nut. If you do,  don't use anything high speed like a drill or impact to tighten or loosen it. It will seize up permanently,  don't ask how I found that one out.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2016, 11:05:28 pm »
Clint .... I showed your pics to the wife. "One clever guy!", she exclaimed.

Then showed her Pearl's latest post ..... she's still laughing.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2016, 10:26:26 am »
I'll be proud to pull that thing to Marshall..........
DBar

Everybody and their brother are going to drive by you two rednecks on the highway and say, "Figures, Kentucky plates" :) :) :) He's draggin' you down big guy!

That's just one old guys opinion eh!

Totally pictured it like this:

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2016, 01:08:09 pm »
I think Pearly is just jealous  ;D   

I finished the windows for the most part.  I've got both screens in and plexiglass cut to fit.  I'm still working out a way to secure the glass in place but make it easy to remove.  I put the last board on the front bed frame.  It's all done now.  I also made a door handle out of an old weathered mule deer antler.  I'm going to start on the brake actuator now.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 07:33:16 am by osage outlaw »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2016, 01:14:04 pm »
You are going to make a lot of people smile when they see you haulin' down the hiway! 

Any way I can talk you into cutting a crescent moon peep hole in the door?   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2016, 01:50:46 pm »
The mail delivery girl stopped and asked to check out the camper this afternoon.  She liked it.

Let me guess, she wasn't wearin' shoes, right? 
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2016, 02:02:47 pm »
Nope, barefoot with bibs and riding a horse bare back. That's how they do it down thar'.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2016, 04:07:44 pm »

JW, no half moon on the door.  I'm going for a tool shed look, not an outhouse. 

I took apart the actuator hitch.  It was a rusted worn out mess inside.  The master cylinder was full of rusty sludge.  I swapped over all the parts and got everything put back the way its supposed to be.  I wasn't able to reuse the gasket on the master cylinder so I took it back off.  I'll order a new one and get it installed.     

« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 07:33:42 am by osage outlaw »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2016, 05:23:58 pm »
only bibs?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2016, 05:24:45 pm »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline wildman

« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2016, 10:07:15 pm »
Jennifer bought a personal watercraft trailer last year and has wanted to build a little rustic tear drop like this. I just showed her your post
and told her you were pulling it to the Classic. I believe its safe to say I have another project now!!!!!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2016, 11:06:33 pm »
out of curiosity--what did Redneck Ramada I  look like?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2016, 12:12:14 am »
Wildman, there is a ton of information available on building the small teardrop campers.  Stop by for a tour at the classic.

Jeffp51, The RRI was something we put together in the week before the classic last year.  Bear found some wet paint when we raised the top section up.  I had painted it the night before I left.  It kept me off the ground and dry last year but wasn't big enough for what I really wanted to build.  I traded it for the boat trailer the RRII is on. 

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2016, 01:22:13 am »
Clint, I've had an itch to build a small teardrop camper for awhile.  I do have an old boat trail.  I never thought of using it for the project.

BTW, I found one of your arrow stuck in 2nd (the small doe) base of the archery baseball field.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline stickbender

« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2016, 08:33:25 pm »

RR1 sort of looks like a small Gypsy wagon. ;)

Wayne