Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88963 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »
I'll bring it to Moontree next year Dave.  I might have to get someone with 4WD to haul it around back to the flat area.

I woke up bright and early today.  I wanted to spend all day working on the camper since the weather is so nice.  I put the hinges on the door and then got my Dad to help me lower it down and haul it to my house.  His utility truck handled the job easily.  That makes me think my truck will have no problem pulling it.  This is the first time I've been able to get back and see how it looks. 

We parked it in my driveway and just as I was getting ready to start on the roof I got a phone call asking if I could help the neighbor lady remove a big dead ash tree from her yard.  So my full day of working on the camper didn't get started until after 2:00 pm.  I was able to get the rest of the roof screwed down.  I still need to trim the edges and do a little finish work to it. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2016, 10:15:43 pm »
Looking good bud😉
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2016, 11:43:13 pm »
Dang, looks like Rylie and I could campout there in the back end!
You sure got it coming together.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2016, 01:34:34 am »
Dang, looks like Rylie and I could campout there in the back end!
You sure got it coming together.

There you go, Clint.  You could rent out the "woodshed" for camping at events.  The more events you attend the quicker RR II pays for itself.  Win/Win.   ;D
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2016, 10:38:13 am »
That is super cool man! That siding turned out wonderfully 

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2016, 12:57:29 pm »
That dude is looking Sweet bud!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2016, 01:18:14 pm »
Thanks guys.  I've been getting some stuff done on it this morning.  I added another roof support in the front and screwed down an overlap that looked like it would catch the wind.  I trimmed up the edges of the roof where it didn't line up even.  I cut the plywood for the bed support.  I'm going to wait to screw it down until I frame up the back doors.  I'm starting on them now.   I also finished the front door. 

Offline wildman

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »
Clint , that is one impressive looking mobile shack!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2016, 09:32:22 pm »
Thanks Wildman.

I've been putting off making the back doors because I knew it would be a pain to figure out.  When I framed up the walls I had no clue how I was going to make the back doors.  I had to move some boards and chisel a couple more back out of the way to make room for the doors.  I had to bend the hinges around the corner to make them work.  There was a lot of redneck engineering involved in making everything fit.  I still need to put the top, bottom, and angle boards on them.  I'm still trying to figure out a way to lock them shut. 

They swing open wide to allow plenty of room for loading or unloading the storage area.  Knoll, I think you are right.  Two twin size air mattresses might fit in there. 

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2016, 11:24:59 pm »
Knoll, I think you are right.  Two twin size air mattresses might fit in there. 

8)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline stickbender

« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2016, 04:04:13 am »
Knoll, I think you are right.  Two twin size air mattresses might fit in there. 

8)

Might want to put a "Fart Fan" in there then. ::) :P

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2016, 04:07:58 am »

You could put some Luan Mahogany, door skins, in there to cover those boards, and make sliding stuff in and out easier.  You could put a coat or two of poly urethane on both sides, to water proof, and make a smooth sliding area.  Looking good!

Wayne

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2016, 08:14:16 am »
Man Clint that RRII is looking awsome

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2016, 08:33:37 am »
Wayne, I'll probably put something down in the back just to cover the seams in the floor. 

Thanks Gutshot.

We had some storms blow through last night and they dumped a lot of rain.  I just checked the inside of the camper and its dry.  The only moisture I can see is around the door frame.  I haven't put any weather stripping around there yet. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2016, 09:18:23 am »
Man that is looking good, can't wait to see it up close. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good