Author Topic: A few shop picures.  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Parnell

A few shop picures.
« on: February 17, 2016, 04:31:59 pm »
Some of you were wondering about the shop progress.  I've been welding in there lately, all mig work to date.  Been helping my buddies out with projects for brewing and sterilizing systems for farms.  Next step I'll be cutting in a regular steel door on the far side of the concrete slab which was finally poured just before the holidays after all was cleared with the county...took forever.  Anyhow.

So welding in a frame for the door and then installing that.  Also, a window for some light and, of course, a window a/c unit as it's S. FL and I'd like to not die in there during the warmer months.  I think though with a couple of fans running it should be very cool though.
Once the door and window are in I'm building a frame over the length of the concrete slab and installing a clear plastic roof to let the light in.  Then the Stave Master and outdoor bench, etc.  will go under that. 

Finally will come the mini-bar, wireless tv, shrunken heads on sticks and hula-dancers.  Eventually it might be kinda fun to build a deck on top and make a stairway behind it.  It's nice up there and private as its surrounded by trees for the most part.

Enjoy, guys.  Let me know if you have any questions.
1’—>1’

Offline osage outlaw

Re: A few shop picures.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 04:34:57 pm »
That is looking great.  I like the idea of the deck on top.  It could be a shooting platform with targets placed in your yard.  Thanks for the update.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 04:53:42 pm »
Ya gotta be getting sense of satisfaction as 1st projects are completed in your new space. Congrats!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 07:35:28 pm »
That's pretty cool parnell

Offline Thunder

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 08:36:32 pm »
That's a nice shop, I like it!

Thunder
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born...and the day you find out why."  Mark Twain

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 07:37:50 am »
You got that set up nice. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 11:31:07 am »
Nice, gotta be about the size of my shop... Nice and modular, just keep stacking more on top and on the end!  >:D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 12:26:08 pm »
Going to install a wall air conditioner, Steve-O?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 03:04:18 pm »
I'm interested in the idea of stacking these together and cutting out walls for a cabin, someday, Del.  Then, burying much of them for insulation.  You could do a lot on a very minimal budget.  Lots to view online as examples.

PD, you know it.  I'll be living in that thing in the summer months.  I don't know that I'd want to be in it if it were hit by lightning, though!
1’—>1’

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 03:07:58 pm »
You'll be fine if it's hit by ligthning! As long as you are inside.
It's like a Faraday cage, all the current goes through the outside. (Not sure I'd like to try it tho'  ::)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 03:13:22 pm »
You'll be fine if it's hit by ligthning! As long as you are inside.
It's like a Faraday cage, all the current goes through the outside. (Not sure I'd like to try it tho'  ::)
Del
I've been wondering, Del.  Lightning down here is serious business.  It is grounded with six pieces of rebar that go about 5 feet into the ground.  I'd probably just be deaf afterwards. ;D
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 04:06:37 pm »
Grab a few ground rods some straps and double ground it. It would be cheap and easy.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 04:17:58 pm »
That's an awesome shop, makes my crappy little shed look like a ...crappy little shed 😀

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 04:42:53 pm »
Looks like you have it going on. Thanks for sharing.

Offline RyanR

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 06:05:46 pm »
That's a really slick idea. I have thought about using one of those for a shop before but, you actually did it.