Author Topic: Hanging with pearly  (Read 4265 times)

Offline paulsemp

Hanging with pearly
« on: February 01, 2016, 03:07:38 pm »
Greg and I last weekend  went up to Chris's house. We went up to do some rabbit hunting guided by his buddy Terry with his beagles. Got up there Friday night and hung out in his shop until none of us to keep our eyes open anymore. Got up Saturday morning to chase rabbits.Chris was the only one to get a shot but missed of course. I had an absolute blast watching those dogs run. Drew aka black coyote came over later and I got to watch Chris break his wife's bow that he's spent many hours on. Sunday morning we went out on some public land and were chasing dead trees around the forest. Had an absolute great time. Miss Jean, Chris's wife cooked us some fabulous meals and was constantly worried about hospitality towards us. Thank you Miss Jean for everything it was a pleasure meeting you. Those of you that know Chris kid Jake he is 6 foot 4 and plays basketball for high school. I almost beat him in a game of horse, I'll never let that one down Jake. And I'll never let it down that I beat Chris in the flight shoot. My 43 pound bow shot a 500 Grain Arrow approximate 175 yards and Chris 50 pound bow got about a hundred seventy... Thanks for everything here a few pics

Offline paulsemp

Re: Hanging with pearly
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 03:09:03 pm »
Some more

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:10:24 pm »
Also a little something I brought up with me and my daughter eating Chris homemade venison jerky. My wife said that was her breakfast this morning

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 03:24:19 pm »
And that pizza was my lunch today.....mmmmm

With things like they are at home, you guys staying with us for a few days was a more than a welcomed distraction. It meant more to us than you two know. I'm honored to call you and Greg my friends.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 03:24:38 pm »
And Drew to, I suppose :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 03:27:26 pm »
With that crew, ya'll must have had GOOD time! And I'm fallin' in love with those fletchings of Chris' ... even though they represent a nemesis school. Maybe I can fashion competing black 'n' gold set.   ::)

Malnatis' boxes bring back good memories ... though my fav was Giordanos'!

Thanks, Paul, for posting pics of the goings-on!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 03:32:13 pm »
Oh, I'll bet that was a good time!  Doesn't get more fun than chasing rings and bunnies.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 03:33:47 pm »

Sounds like you are bad luck to be around, missing a shot at a rabbit, broken bow.......  but it sounds like all had a great time, and food.

Wayne

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 03:39:12 pm »

Sounds like you are bad luck to be around, missing a shot at a rabbit, broken bow.......  but it sounds like all had a great time, and food.

Wayne

Chris has a whole other laundry list of excuses to use besides me

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 03:45:16 pm »
Looks like a great time, with that crew it had to be fun. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 04:00:24 pm »
Flingin arras is always fun in the woods.With especially enough room to clout shoot too.How did you measure distance?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 04:05:07 pm »
Chris is a good six foot tall and he walked it. It was an approximate measurement. I opted not to do it because I'm only 5 8 and I have maybe a two and a half foot stride

blackhawk

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 04:13:26 pm »
  :)  fun fun  :)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 04:19:32 pm »
Looks like a great way to spend a weekend. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 04:43:21 pm »

Wayne

Horrible, Wayne. Ask Blackcoyote how his fishing has went since he started taking me to his good spots. He'll tell ya'. We had some of the best damn hounds you can hunt behind on Saturday, worked our tails off to scurry a few in 5 hours of running. Anybody need a bow tested? Im your guy. Ill have it broke in under 15" of draw. Even if you have out to 24". Ask Blackcoyte, he'll tell ya'.