Author Topic: OJAM 2016? 3 Arrow Launch War Bow Video pg 8  (Read 29722 times)

Offline JonW

Re: When is OJAM 2016?
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2016, 07:08:17 pm »
I wish the guy that makes all that liquor would find another hobby. My liver is screaming :o ;)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »
am wrestlin' with an Uncooperative photo bucket. Uncooperative currently has the advantage.

Some guy has been talking about taking up knitting. Hopefully NOT before MoJam.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:43:39 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2016, 07:52:50 pm »
You can wup that photobucket thingie Knoll.  :)

The Friday night campfire will be one for the memory books, photos or no photos.
Jimmy was great on the guitar and we all had a good time singing along and trying to stay warm.
I have unofficially dubbed this years version as cOld-JAM. But, at least it was a "dry",( though NOT around that campfire  ;) ) cold... 

Offline sleek

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2016, 08:12:09 pm »
John, I hit the jar every time it got passed. There was a few times someone told me, "here, this is peach or this is apricot,  and its amazing." But by time I got to take a swig I just had to take their word for it. I couldnt taste I thing. There was a time I couldnt feel my face..... so I tried to feel Patrick's.  I missed.

Maybe exaggerated a touch but it delivers the point. Seems however I am not the only one who waxes poetic when feeling warm. Eric gets a little poetic as well. In tounges even!  Buddy I have no clue what you said but it brought a tear to my eye!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2016, 08:41:45 pm »
My campsite. Ain't it homey with the gingham tablecloth??   :P

JonW's secret tillering weapon.

What a hoot this group was! Kevin (sleek), Pat (lebhuntfish), Danny (sidewinder), & Eric (onebowonder). Jon, where did ya sneak off to? Did anyone mention that nights and early mornings were a bit frosty?

One of Trump's palaces?

There were bows being made EVERWHERE ya looked!

What a great, great, great time. Soooo glad I did't have to go to work Monday!!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:24:25 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2016, 10:03:34 pm »
Mike,  thanks a bunch for the pictures! We sure was a montly crew.  I'm glad I didn't have to work Monday myself.  :laugh:
I think cold jam will not be soon forgotten!
Here is a couple of pictures. Apparently I mostly took pictures in the dark!  :o

Patrick

Friday night campfire!  :laugh:

The only  picture that I took on the range. We all shot perfect,  but we all missed!

Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

Re: When is OJAM 2016? (pictures added!)
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2016, 10:14:41 pm »
Knoll, that one with me in it really brings out my eyes.

Offline sleek

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2016, 10:17:04 pm »
Like hell we missed pat! We all hit right where we were aiming! Just had no idea we were aiming at the wrong spot. About what yardage was that shot? 20-25?

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:45 am »
It was about 17 to 18 yards down hill.  Your right,  we all hit exactly where we were aiming. All I know for sure is that was one dead cat!  I just want another shot at the buck up hill accross the fence. Now that's a challenge. It was 20 yards but you needed to shoot it for about 25. Then the fence was right in the vitals.  I think I need to practice more!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2016, 06:47:55 pm »
I got a few pix from OJAM, though I spent some large part of my time there danged near blinded!   :( :( :(

1] this is my brother Nathan's new BBO getting cut out on the power rasp, (aka BandSaw)
2] this is Ralph.  Several of you will know/recognize him.  When it comes to these BBO's he is nigh on a legend!
3] Ralph working a BBO with yet another type of power rasp (aka Stationary belt sander)
4] Our own Patrick working on the one end of the tip overlays for Nathan's BBO.  He made Nathan do the other one!  ;D

I have a pretty kewl video of Sleek launching 3 arrows at once with his 95 pound war bow, but I cannot get the thing to load from here at work due to certain firewall restrictions, ...but I'll get it posted later this weekend.

OneBow

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2016, 07:00:12 pm »
Good pictures Guys.
That's a real good one of Ralph Eric, hope you can get that video up.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2016, 08:02:00 pm »
Nice bunch of pictures guys....looks like a lot of fun was had by all..
Thanks for sharing,
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2016, 10:16:08 pm »
Yeah the video would be awesome! I seen it in person and man that war bow has some power!

Patrick

Offline sleek

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2016, 10:51:31 am »
Yeah its cast surprised me too. I put some arc to the shot expecting to need more but it not only shot over the tree tops above the target ( 100 ish yards away? ) but the arrows carried on some distance past. Patrick is better than i am with yardage.  How far you reckon them there arrows went?

Eric, is your eye any better? Any idea what happened to it?

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2016, 12:34:05 pm »
I would have to say, they went at least 140 to 145 yards. I weighed the arrows that you shot and they are right at 1,230 grains total. Wich I would think is about right for arrow  weight for that bow.

Patrick