Author Topic: Making board bow material  (Read 5655 times)

Offline Jwwood

Re: Making board bow material
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 08:11:05 pm »
Thanks spring buck

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 08:15:55 pm »
Welcome, guys -- it took awhile to work out a good usage plan for bows last summer. Putting it down on paper here helped me remember it, too.
I love it when a plan B comes together....

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 08:56:57 pm »
Plan B ...... great graphic ya provided to assist understanding! Soooooo much better that written words to impart understanding.

If ya get a chance, PM me that graphic to share with some of my friends.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 09:17:19 pm »
Knoll, I can send it to you if this doesn't work, but try it first:

Most browsers you can right click on the image, and hit "save image as", (or something sounding similar in most browsers) and you can save that graphic direct to your computer.

But if for any reason you can't, I'd be happy to send it to you. Just let me know.

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 09:21:49 pm »
ps. ......I should mention something -- that diagram is of an ideal log -- straight.

That top flitch of 2" might  have to be deeper on logs with curves or humps, etc.

And where I say 4/4 or 8/4 cuts -- I generally go slightly thicker in case the band blade cuts wavy through weird grain, etc.

It's just a general diagram -- use judgement for your particular rig and wood.

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 09:28:24 pm »
Last summer:

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 10:20:08 pm »

Most browsers you can right click on the image, and hit "save image as", (or something sounding similar in most browsers) and you can save that graphic direct to your computer

I knew that! It's amazing how retirement causes lapses of memory re the working days. Thanks.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857