Author Topic: Traffic  (Read 3696 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Traffic
« on: January 26, 2016, 05:25:12 pm »
Man! Has anybody noticed the Activity in the Bow section with three trades going on?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Aaron H

Re: Traffic
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 05:27:29 pm »
Yea, it's been crazy the last few weeks.  Great really

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 06:59:56 pm »
I believe it will be a great draw for PA with three trades going on.

Offline Drewster

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 07:22:14 pm »
Yeah, it's taking a lot of time to read it all.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 07:23:45 pm »
I can't keep up!  :laugh:
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 06:26:29 pm »
I won't trade a bow I made. If I like it, I want to keep it. If I don't like it, I wouldn't feel right foisting it on anybody else. Trade away, y'all.
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 07:15:39 pm »
Yes I have, it's been awesome to see so many guys on pa!
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 07:43:04 pm »
I hope I don't get in trouble at work  ???

It has been hard to stay away. 

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 10:12:08 pm »
Asharrow, the reason I keep building bows is I make one for myself over and over again. They always get given or traded away.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 10:55:51 pm »
Man these threads are blowing up! I can barely keep up with them.
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 09:09:01 am »
I have been offered trades from some of the big names over the years but have never shot someone else's bow, only the bows I made so I haven't done any trading.

In all honesty, I would be afraid I wouldn't like the trade bow or the recipient of my bow wouldn't like it. Because I like and shoot only the bows I make, I suspect if I did make a trade, someone's hard work would end up a wall hanger.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 09:22:20 am »
Asharrow, the reason I keep building bows is I make one for myself over and over again. They always get given or traded away.

I'm the same way Mullet.  I'm finishing up a bow for myself right now.  I got to thinking about it and realized its been 2.5 years since i made a bow and kept it.  I'm going to try to build up my personal collection this year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Badger

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 11:10:46 am »
     For the past few years I have cut way down on my bows, I feel like I have almost quit but I can see I still turn out maybe a dozen each year. Mostly when I build a bow now it is just to relax and turn something out nice. I have a standard design I don't deviate from much unless I am trying something out. Couple of weeks ago I made an BBI, elb, 100#@28, 67" long. I really enjoyed the build and spent about 3 days tillering it out, maybe a couple of hours each day. I finaly reached a point where I am not compelled to experiment on something everytime a pick up a piece of wood. I noticed lately I have been getting out of shape since I retired and am thinking I need to get back into building at least for the excersize.

Offline PatM

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 11:18:55 am »
I have been offered trades from some of the big names over the years but have never shot someone else's bow, only the bows I made so I haven't done any trading.

In all honesty, I would be afraid I wouldn't like the trade bow or the recipient of my bow wouldn't like it. Because I like and shoot only the bows I make, I suspect if I did make a trade, someone's hard work would end up a wall hanger.
      How do you know you wouldn't like another bow if you've never tried one?

Offline sleek

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 11:23:34 am »
     For the past few years I have cut way down on my bows, I feel like I have almost quit but I can see I still turn out maybe a dozen each year. Mostly when I build a bow now it is just to relax and turn something out nice. I have a standard design I don't deviate from much unless I am trying something out. Couple of weeks ago I made an BBI, elb, 100#@28, 67" long. I really enjoyed the build and spent about 3 days tillering it out, maybe a couple of hours each day. I finaly reached a point where I am not compelled to experiment on something everytime a pick up a piece of wood. I noticed lately I have been getting out of shape since I retired and am thinking I need to get back into building at least for the excersize.

I have been dying to see someone make a bow flex on here. Thwre is the answer to your problem.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others