Author Topic: Nasty people  (Read 6889 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Nasty people
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:20:23 pm »
My wife and I were picking up some groceries today and we started talking with one of the employees there, a middle age woman.  The subject matter worked around to hunting, I was wearing a camo coat, and it turns out the woman is a bow hunter, wheel bow and crossbow.  She is proud to be a hunter and advertises it on her truck, maybe that is a mistake.  She was telling us that she came out to her truck one day and someone had written " cold hearted bi**h" on it, she was a bit dismayed at that.  Being somewhat older than her I have come across that mentality before but for her it was something new and it hurt.  I don't think this happened too long ago as it was still raw and there was some anger there, probably lucky she didn't catch these people in the act.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline sleek

Re: Nasty people
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:42:48 pm »
Perhaps there should be a season on those idiots. Then they could see exactly what kind of a cold hearted bit_h she can be. Honestly, if they realy truely believed that, then i dont see how its smart for them to make her angry.  Obviously they dont think what they wrote is true, seek out someone less than they are, and attack. Ironically, doing the same they accuse her of being so cold about. Wich in turns makes them cold hearted morons.

If it were me, it paint what they wrote permanently on my truck right where they did. And get a dash cam.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:05:26 pm »
As people move further and further from their food, we that hunt and fish risk becoming demonized.  A false morality allows people to talk with their mouths full of food about how we need to preserve the animals, the trees, the planet when the reason we have so little wildlands left is because we converted so much to agriculture.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Badger

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:41:29 pm »
  Maybe she should just buy her meat at the store like normal people so no animals are harmed!

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 10:59:05 pm »
Maybe she needs a steady diet of soylent green
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 11:12:58 pm »
My community is very hunter friendly.  I've never had any negative comments or actions towards me.  Messing with a hunters vehicle is a good way to get hurt.  Obviously the owner of that truck has weapons and knows how to use them. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 06:57:13 am »
  Maybe she should just buy her meat at the store like normal people so no animals are harmed!

Isnt that the thought process Steve! Go to just one beef or pork SLAUGHTER house and that mentality would change quick. Aint nuttin' nice going on there.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline neuse

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 07:04:44 am »

Yep. I killed two does this weekend and gave thanks to God and to each doe for allowing me to have them.
That don't happen in a slaughter house.

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 07:43:19 am »
That's bizarre.. Hard to imagine someone doing that to another that they don't know simply for being a hunter. A bit misplaced, hopefully just a juvenile as the actions certainly were. I have been friends with some fairly serious non-hunter vegan types ; a lot of times it is misinformation about what hunters do. The vegan girl knew I had three months of bow season but was amazed to find out that by December I only had one deer in the freezer(plenty of misses that year I remember). Good interface with a hunter who is respectful of the individual's heart and the animal pursued can make the difference in how that person views hunting and hunters the rest of their life. Cold hearted B came from someone as sleek pointed out, must be rather cold him or herself.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 09:27:01 am »
Yeah, imo, ignorance is generally the culprit when it comes to us being unkind with each other.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 10:47:29 am »
What these idiots don't realize is that the food they eat is grown on land that was once wild habitat
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 01:14:28 pm »
Anyone who thinks it is OK to damage some one's property needs to be held responsible.  The sad truth is a surprising number of hunters put all the rest of us in a bad light for non hunters.  Kind of like the people that use guns to kill people they don't even know makes a lot of people want to take our guns away!  Where I live hunters come from all over the country to hunt big game.  Not all of them have respect for the animals, the game laws, and other peoples land.  An example to make a point is when my wife and I were coming home from Cody when we met a pickup from Ill.  They had a trailer with a couple of ATVs tied on.  They had a fair sized bull elk horns and head tied on the top of their truck tongue hanging out and animal parts hanging out of the truck bed.  I wonder if they kept that elk head on display all the way home?  I can tell you from actually watching the road hunters that I have little respect for the new age gun hunters.  Rifles that will shoot a 1000 yards doesn't make the new untrained owner capable of making those long shots and they make no effort to make sure they did not wound an animal.  This is a fun time of the year here with the seasons closed the animals sheding their horns.  I hope my rant is OK with the mods and if not please delete it.  Joe   
Get Close---Shoot Straight

JacksonCash

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 03:31:36 pm »
Wolf, I think you've hit the nail on the head. I enjoyed hunting when I was younger, but I've since not been very active in it. Having a vegetarian wife is part of that, but also just kind of fell out of enjoying it. A lot of people in the area I grew up in were too much of the big buck macho mold for me to really enjoy it. Working in sporting goods retail for a while further drove the point home for me, with all the feed designed to bulk up your deer. To me it takes away from the primal nature of the act. I can totally see where people might be turned away from supporting hunting because of this sort of thing, but it doesn't justify being nasty to others.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 03:35:40 pm »
Hate is easy.
Love takes courage.

Offline DC

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 03:40:40 pm »
You don't even have to love them. Tolerate them, ignore them, just don't do anything stupid.