Author Topic: 2016 Trade?  (Read 13682 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 2016 Trade?
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2016, 02:51:02 pm »
Pearl, you have been a little on edge lately in your text. You doin ok buddy?

Not at all sleek. But my life outside here has nothing to do with this. I was TRYING to get the public swap prompted and not keep guys waiting around for something else to happen.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sleek

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2016, 02:51:18 pm »
I'm confused.  Did something new just start or did something old just die?  ...or both maybe?

OneBow

Hopefully something new started and the old continues. Time will tell.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline sleek

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2016, 02:52:24 pm »
Pearl, you have been a little on edge lately in your text. You doin ok buddy?

Not at all sleek. But my life outside here has nothing to do with this. I was TRYING to get the public swap prompted and not keep guys waiting around for something else to happen.

Ok, well, I guess I understand.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2016, 02:53:35 pm »
I'm confused.  Did something new just start or did something old just die?  ...or both maybe?

OneBow

It's simple man. A small group of close friends are doing their own version of a swap. Some don't like that. Frankly? I COULD GIVE A SHEET about "some". There is no reason a 2016 PA Bow swap cant happen. Nobody ever said that.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2016, 02:54:24 pm »
It might be better to start a more specific thread for the invitational and let the typical bow trade happen as usual on here. It appears that there is more than enough people interested for someone to host it.

And while some folks can get offended at their own turd color, most folks should be able to understand that this is just a bunch of friends creating something for the PA folks to watch unfold. Not a comprehensive list of the elite crowd, or an exclusive list reserved for the "__________", just friends sharing their talents.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2016, 02:57:16 pm »
I'm on it guys, what we've been working on will be made public very shortly.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2016, 03:59:51 pm »
Best of luck to both trades ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline willie

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2016, 04:18:26 pm »
It might be better to start a more specific thread for the invitational

or perhaps conduct the private trades by email or PM?

Offline sleek

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »
It might be better to start a more specific thread for the invitational

or perhaps conduct the private trades by email or PM?

Thats the way I would go about it.

Offline bubby

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2016, 04:26:07 pm »
It's underway Jeff. It's not meant to be a side swipe, its simply a much bigger "2 man" swap with close friends.

I'd suggest somebody grab the reigns on the open/public swap if they want it to happen.

This seems like a perfectly cordial post, i don't see how it can be perceived any other way
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline sleek

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2016, 04:31:34 pm »
It wasnt perceived any other way bubby, not from my understanding. I think Half eye is just amazed it is to be an " in crowd }" swap instead of the normal one. I think it is being worked out still so that may be a premature comment on his part, but we will see.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2016, 05:22:09 pm »
I have yet to figure out what an "In Crowd" is? I wasn't going to get in the Open trade this year as I know a lot of people on the 1st Invitational list were not either. So, the no do'ers decided to have a personal swap with people we know and most of us have met.

This in no way stops anybody from doing the Bow Swap, have at it. After doing it four times and receiving a bow from my drawn sender once and what went on last year I was done with it. You guys forget that when the trades go south that the Moderators and Admin's get the emails and PM's non stop to please straighten this mess out.

So, start the 2016 Bow Trade and make it work this time. The 1st Invitational is something new we are trying, who knows, it might be a disaster, but it is something new and different.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2016, 05:40:14 pm »
 :D I think it's great and hope to see some of the most amazing bows ever made by PA members. I'm hoping PA Magazine will do a follow up and interview with all of you involved. Be a hell of an issue and a + for the news stands and PA community.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2016, 06:24:35 pm »
Thank you, Fred, I'm looking forward to seeing the bows made and Ryan wants to write an article for the magazine when it's all over. Might pay for a few, new diapers.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sleek

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2016, 07:20:53 pm »
If not id love to trade with you!

Maybe we will :^)

Hey bob, since i didnt see your name on the list for the invite, wanna work out a trade? If not thats cool too.

Perhaps the above should be how this year is done. One on one.