Author Topic: 4th Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 62485 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: 4th Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2016, 08:07:57 am »
Fiber glass.

Looks like its going to cool off a little bit by the weekend.  I hope the rain holds off. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Balsatech

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2016, 09:13:08 am »
Anyone coming to the shoot that happens to have any wood arrows of different spines if you could please bring a few for me to shoot. Ihave some 40/45  and some 70/75 but I'm trying to find some correct spines for a few bows. I have field points of different weights I Will bring. Like to find correct spines so I can order some shafts. Thanks  Joe.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2016, 11:45:08 am »
I got 2 of those FG bows but they have fishing reals mounted to them. You know now that would be a fun 3D bow shoot right there. What cha think?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2016, 11:55:31 am »
I don't have the fishing reels on mine.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »
Oh man! You got to get it set up Clint that bow fishing is fun. I just ain't no good at it.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2016, 05:53:09 pm »
Three more days .....I'm start'n to pack the truck.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2016, 06:43:31 pm »
Bad news for me. I will only be able to be there Friday. My aunt passed away and family will be here Saturday.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2016, 09:33:51 pm »
Sorry to hear that.  We will have to fit a weekends worth of bow stuff into one day for you.

I just got 4 packs of deer steaks out of the freezer.  I got some marinade ingredients on the way home.  I'm going to start setting some stuff out so I don't forget it.

Bill, don't forget about that chainsaw!  If I get it running we will have to take it on a test run.  I know where there is a nice osage tree really close to Dave's house  >:D

Offline DLH

« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2016, 10:34:23 pm »
Dave do you still want me to do bacon Saturday Morning? Also do you mind if I do some grafting? I'm gonna go easy on the bow bench this past year or so has taken the wind out of my sails and it will give someone else a chance to work on something.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2016, 01:09:40 am »
Sorry to hear of your lost.

Daniel, yep bring bacon.  Sure graft till heart is content. :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2016, 01:18:14 am »
Joe, you ever think of going with bamboo/tomato stakes.  In my limited experience I find them very forgiving of spine weight.

Bow fishing is a blasted--the most fun you can have with your clothes on.  Carp should be moving out of the rivers and up into the streams about now.  I have a FG fish arrow that I've never tried out of my primitive bows.  That a good idea, I would recommend taking the barb out.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2016, 11:25:54 am »
For you guys coming down Friday morning, I work until midnight Thursday meaning I won't get to bed until 2AM Friday morning.  I'll be waking up around 8AM Friday.  If you get here before I'm up and stirring around, you know where the workshop is.  I'll join you directly  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2016, 02:19:27 pm »
I took a vacation day, so I'll be up Friday morning sometime. I have an old plinker  .22 that I shot at Dave's rifle shoot. It will have to suffice. I have a few raw beaver furs if anyone needs one. I rounded up a couple nearly complete projects to scrape on in the bow shop. Can't wait!

Greg I will take all the raw beaver hides you want to get rid of.  My buddy is making a beaver fur Blanket he still likes a few to finish it up.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2016, 06:22:21 pm »
Hoping to get down there around lunch. Gotta drop my son off at 10 so he can go to Florida with family.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2016, 07:02:50 pm »
I took a vacation day, so I'll be up Friday morning sometime. I have an old plinker  .22 that I shot at Dave's rifle shoot. It will have to suffice. I have a few raw beaver furs if anyone needs one. I rounded up a couple nearly complete projects to scrape on in the bow shop. Can't wait!

Greg I will take all the raw beaver hides you want to get rid of.  My buddy is making a beaver fur Blanket he still likes a few to finish it up.
These are green furs. Not stretched/dried. Do you have a big cooler or something to keep them cool?  They are frozen at the moment. I'll bring all I have. Not sure how many 6 or 8.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN