Author Topic: new deflexed osage bow  (Read 6806 times)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Re: new deflexed osage bow
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2016, 11:01:22 pm »
Nice job on your bow. Looks great

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2016, 06:58:53 am »
It's hard to guess what "errors" may have led to that grouping without actually seeing you shoot. It could be a number of things, but I'll narrow it down to the top three likely candidates.

Different arrow mass. Lighter arrows drop less. I don't know if you've ever weighed your shafts but it looks like a matched set, so I'm guessing this isn't your culprit.

Depending on your cant, changing nock point on the string can cause some serious movement. Just 1/32" up or down can make the arrow move inches by the time it gets to the target.

This one is the most likely in my opinion, anchor point on your face. Same as with the nock point on the string, tiny movements in your anchor point will raise or lower point of impact dramatically. I recently suggested to my wife that she raise her anchor point because her groups were awesome but consistently 6" high at 15 yds. She went from her cheek bone to the corner of her eye and it did the trick.

You can play around with all these variables and see how they effect your shooting. Hopefully you can get it tuned in, but hey, all your arrows are in the target so you past the hard part.   
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline RyanR

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2016, 08:06:20 am »
That's a very nice looking bow.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2016, 08:16:29 am »
When your arrows are in a good line like that, it is usually a matter of practice. Keep that bow arm still as possible. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2016, 10:57:43 am »
Great looking bow. Job well done.
Northern Ute