Author Topic: Lucy's Buck  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Trapper Rob

Lucy's Buck
« on: December 19, 2015, 10:29:28 pm »
This was Lucy's first deer she ever shot I told her not to get used to it happening that fast she got it on the first day at 8:00 8pt 14in spread.

And my son had to get in the pic also.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Lucy's Buck
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 10:33:24 pm »
Congrats young lady.  That's a nice buck.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 11:09:01 pm »
Congratulations, you have to be proud of your Daughter.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 03:17:24 am »
Way to go Young Lady ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 08:11:54 am »
Congratulations!
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 08:13:27 am »
Love to see the smiles...congrats
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 01:04:39 pm »
Wow! double Wow!! Lucy!!!
That's really darn good shootin'!!!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Zuma

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 02:52:09 pm »
Lucy,
You make us all Proud. 8)
That is quite an accomplishment.
I am happy you all can share your
love for the outdoors together. :)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 05:19:35 pm »
warms the cockles of my heart to see kids in the woods instead of sitting in front of the idiot box with  another idiot box in their hands.

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 05:41:46 pm »
way to go, you got to be very busy with Lucy's buck and wayn's coons.
john 3:16

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 05:31:54 am »
Very nice deer young lady. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 10:02:34 pm »
This puts a big smile on Lucy's face reading the comments she's very proud of herself & so am I of both of my kids.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 10:11:42 pm »
"Hey Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!"   -Ricky Ricardo

I'd love to hear the story in her own words, now that I have seen the amazing photos. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 10:03:22 pm »
OK JW I'm putting her at the keyboard.
Dad got me out of bed about 5AM & we headed for the tree stand. When we got to the stand I ask dad if I shoot a buck can I get it mounted he said only if it was as big as or bigger than the one Chris shot that I showed you on the computer. We sat there awhile & dad said he had to get out of the stand to get rid of some coffee just as he was getting back in the stand he said here comes some deer he grabbed his rifle to check for any bucks he said the last one is a nice buck grab your gun & get ready. When they got across the field to us he said as soon as they stop let him have it when they stopped he got mixed in with the rest of them dad kept telling me to shoot I told him I don't have a clear shot at him he kept stopping behind all the other deer. Then about 8 of them took off dad said if he takes off running get out of the way but he stood there with the other 4 deer. I told dad if he takes one more step I have a clear shot he finally stepped out front of the other deer I shot & dad said I hit him I said to dad I got my first buck he looked at me & said he's not on the ground yet sweetheart I looked & he was running right at us dad told me to get another shell in the gun if he stops let him have another one. When he stopped dad said shoot him before he starts to run again when I shot dad said you hit him again. All at once he turned & took off dad said get out of the way before he gets away. Dad started to shoot at him the first two shots missed the third one dad said I hit him then he shot again he said I hit him again I don't know why he's not going down dad said. The next shot when the gun cracked he dropped dad said he's down so I looked at dad & said is he still my buck he looked at me & said yes. We climbed down out of the stand & went out in the field to get my deer when we got there I was so excited when I got my hands on him I looked at dad with a big smile on my face & he looked like he had tears in his eyes I ask what was wrong he said I couldn't be more proud of you. We went to load it on the RTV  dad & I couldn't lift it on so he called Jake to come help load it. When we got to the barn dad started to skin it he said he can see where my two shoots hit but he couldn't see where he hit him once. We got the hide off & dad looked at me & said when I thought I was hitting him he was starting to die that's why he was falling around. Dad said it was all you that he never touched him. He said when the bullet hit the rib it blew up & took the liver out one lung & a piece of the bullet cut the heart also. He said that deer was dead & just didn't know it. Then I ask the big question can I get him mounted dad said lets measure him he measured 14" wide I said is he as big as the one Cris shot dad looked at me & said the one Chris shot was 17" wide dad said we'll do a European skull mount I told him I would rather if he just mounted the antlers on a piece of curly maple he has laying around he said I can do that.
Well JW I hope you like my story.
Lucy
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 10:34:05 am by Trapper Rob »

riverrat

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 10:43:09 am »
great story! great hunting! that is awesome! Tony