Author Topic: Christmas gift received  (Read 2563 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Christmas gift received
« on: December 18, 2015, 08:00:11 pm »
I got a box in the mail yesterday. Haven't taken any pics yet, but will post one soon. Kevin,(buffalo gobbler) sent me a set of awesome turkey calls. One box call, a friction call with agate surface, and a wing bone call. They are all sweet, and sound even better than they look! Excellent work Kevin! Being a call maker myself, I love getting calls from other makers to add to the collection.

Kevin, if you send me your email in a PM, I'll be sure to send you a pic of the turkey I shoot in the spring.

Thanks Kevin! I do love the calls. I actually don't make box calls myself, so it was nice to get a custom one.

Merry Christmas

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline bubby

Re: Christmas gift received
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 08:53:11 pm »
Nice!!!!
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 01:47:52 am »
Superb!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 06:47:08 am »
Good deal.the first has recieved

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 10:12:06 am »
Very nice indeed. I have a few of Kevin's calls. Best I've had in my hands, awesome gift!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 10:14:44 am »
Dave, I've set up a thread just for pics of Christmas Trade. Post yours here but please post there too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 01:22:00 pm »
I got a box in the mail yesterday. Haven't taken any pics yet, but will post one soon. Kevin,(buffalo gobbler) sent me a set of awesome turkey calls. One box call, a friction call with agate surface, and a wing bone call. They are all sweet, and sound even better than they look! Excellent work Kevin! Being a call maker myself, I love getting calls from other makers to add to the collection.

Kevin, if you send me your email in a PM, I'll be sure to send you a pic of the turkey I shoot in the spring  IN THE BLACK HILLS OF SOUTH DAKOTA.

Thanks Kevin! I do love the calls. I actually don't make box calls myself, so it was nice to get a custom one.

Merry Christmas

Tattoo Dave

I edited your post, buddy.  You left out some critical information!!!   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 09:01:07 am »
JW, I'm planning on it! South Dakota here I come. That state will be minus one bird after I leave.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 12:47:57 pm »
Dave,
I am so happy that you like the turkey calls!
Making them is a labor of love for me.
I was not sure if you'd like low and raspy or high and clear for the box call so I sent the one with the sound that I liked best.
I think the agate pot call sounds like a contented, feeding hen. Use a small gray carborundum(probably spelled that wrong) stone to dress the call surface.
And here's the story behind the Buffalo Wing Yelper,
I live in the Buffalo N.Y. area and around here we don't call them Buffalo Wings, they are just Wings.
and I tell everyone there's just one thing to do after a six pack and a double order of extra hot wings... Make turkey calls!!!

Good luck hunting with JW this spring!!!
If you send me a picture with a turkey, I'll hang it up in my shop.

Merry Christmas!
Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 05:34:12 am »
Yep Kevin is the man and does some beautiful work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good