Author Topic: How to help the grieving family  (Read 5547 times)

Offline sleek

Re: How to help
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 05:34:24 pm »
Bump
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Zuma

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 07:50:20 pm »
Sleek
Sorry I think I miss-understood :-[
Bump Zuma
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:56:05 pm by Zuma »
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 08:21:08 pm »
Bump just means I was posting one word ( bump ) to bring ( or bump ) the thread back to the top to encourage more views and participation.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 09:11:12 pm »
Bump just means I was posting one word ( bump ) to bring ( or bump ) the thread back to the top to encourage more views and participation.
I got it. Now, err just before. But I hope you
don't mind if I am still a tiny bit worried for you.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline sleek

Re: How to help the grieving family
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 10:45:20 pm »
Thats ok Zuma, thanks for your concern but worrying about me is pointless.  I am fine. Im just concentrating on helping the family now.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 11:50:57 pm »
Gotcha
Some times it takes a bit for the shock to wear off.
IMO it's worth while to check the after shock
 with another Bump >:D if nothing else.
Zuma

Offline sleek

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 12:27:32 am »
is there going to be a GoFundMe account setup for donations?

Im Sorry I just saw this. I dont know anything about gofundme or how to run one. Is it something that would help?

Offline le0n

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 01:31:39 am »
I'm not sure of all of the technicalities, but it allows an individual or group to do a fundraiser online. The page can then be emailed or linked to from here so that people can make donations electronically. I sort of thought that is what your school was going to put together maybe they opted out because of the service charge.

If you don't do that, perhaps getting a PayPal address for electronic donations. Donations as "gifts" get the service charge paid by the ones who donate.

Just a thought.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 11:52:09 am »
is there going to be a GoFundMe account setup for donations?

Im Sorry I just saw this. I dont know anything about gofundme or how to run one. Is it something that would help?

It sure could. If you build it and share the link to it i'll be more than happy to share it across my social media contacts. Make sure it is well written and to the point. When I see them that someone has made for someone else it makes it easier for me to donate, as it doesn't seem like people begging. Let us know.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline sleek

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 10:43:45 am »
I have some outstanding news guys. I wrote my wifes boss a letter describing the situation and asked him if there was any way he could provide some assistance.  He replied via email inside of 24 hours. This is his response.

Kevin… I have your letter and information on the Granger family’s situation.   When helping families in trouble, one of the things I do is take care of items that they often forget about like utilities.    If you can forward account #s, amounts and where payments should be made – I can take care of all of the family’s utilities until after the first of the year.   This can be electric, gas, phone, water, etc.    At least those would be taken care of and avoid any issue with losing those services through the holidays.      Thanks.

He is a very giving and kind man who really does his best to help his employees. Even though the Grangers dont work for him he is still willing to help to this extent which is far more than I would have imagined he or anyone would.

I am still collecting money for them to help with their rent and Christmas.  Soon as I get it figured out im opening a go fund me and will be doing a bow raffle as soon as the bow is built. Im hoping 40 tickets at $10 a piece. Once built I'll post another thread on here.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 04:33:39 pm »

Good for you for taking this task on.  Good for your wife's boss too.  Sounds like a good man!  Have you talked to the FD, or PD in seeing about getting some kind of counseling for the family, especially the Father?  Church counseling, etc., if it hasn't already been done.

Wayne

Offline sleek

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2015, 10:58:28 am »
Just an update guys. I have been able to get 410 dollars so far and all their bills paid through January. On the 17th I will be giving them a cashiers check of all the money. Thanks to all that have helped so far.

Offline sleek

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 06:48:31 am »
In conclusion to this thread id like to thank all the members here who offered help and support. I should have posted sooner but on the 17th of December i was able to deliver a food basket and 420 dollars. Also my wifes boss did come through on his offer and paid their behind bills and caught them up through to feburary. The local police department also helped pay for christmas presents for their three children.

Again, thank you everyone for help and support.