Author Topic: Not Looking Good  (Read 9957 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Not Looking Good
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2015, 06:00:24 pm »
So far every time I've had a reaction it seems I've been really pigging out on red meat. I ate a NY Strip a week ago and had no problems. But the last time when I took the ride to the Hospital I had ate a big steak two nights in a row with baked potatoes loaded with sour cream and butter along with veggies sautéed in butter. That might have been an overload.

And I've been spraying my clothes for years with Permithrin
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Patches

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2015, 06:23:02 pm »
A coworker of mine has Alpha gal.  He has no problem eating pork,  but he ate something the other day that had a small amount of hamburger in it which he did not know about and he had to use his epipen and ended up in the hospital.  It may cause different reactions in different people. 

Tick diseases are awful.  There is a new one right across the state line in Kansas called Bourbon County viral tick disease or something like that ( I may have the name wrong but it is close to that).  It basically caused a reaction in the man that has it that has never been seen before.  the virus attacks the white blood cells and basically, from what I understand, starts to dissolve them.  It is a brand new disease with very severe results.  And I work in that area all the time so it scares the crap out of me.     

Good luck and please keep us updated.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Zuma

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2015, 07:23:05 pm »
bio terrorism
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2015, 07:45:17 pm »
Well the mullet will be running soon ,smoked mullet and roe. Hope for the best
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2015, 08:15:39 pm »
After reading all this it doesn't sound like a fun condition to have to deal with Eddie. Take care of yourself and stick with the program the docs lay out for you and hopefully you'll be back to you old self soon.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 09:37:04 pm »
Thanks, guys, I'm buying a gallon of Permethrin from Tractor Supply. I'm mixing my own. Its funny that the spray can stuff says put on your clothes, only. It is far less potent as the stuff you shampoo your hair for Head Lice, go figure.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2015, 02:44:44 am »

Man that sucks!  I wish I was still in the area, I could eat all of your wild hog for you.   Well I would even drink your beer, if you are still having problems with that.  If not, then I would bring beer, so you could relax, and watch me eat the wild boar.  Of course, you would have to cook it on the grill, with some of that lemon juice on it.  But seriously, I hope you can kick it.  Side kick maybe.  I was back in the Petersburg national park, when I was younger, and was showing a friend of mine, the park, that is next to Fort Lee, when I was stationed there, a LONNNNG time ago, and after we went through there, we went to a restaurant and I went into the bathroom, and after washing up, I was grooming my mustache, and felt what I thought was a scab!  But when I picked at it, I was able to pull it off, and it was tick!  Never had a problem with it, just a little red spot, where it was.  But, I dropped my drawers, and checked every nook and fanny, I mean cranny, but thankfully there were no more.  I told her, and her friend to go check themselves.   I hate those things, and you seldom feel them crawling on you.  I do hope you can over come this crap, good luck with it.  Is it a viral thing, or parasite?  If a parasite, you might go for sushi, and eats lots of the pickled ginger.  Ginger kills the parasite, Anasarkas, and it's eggs also.  That is the parasite that is commonly found in raw fish.  I use ginger, on my cats Walmart brand tuna in water, that I feed him, and he stays parasite free, and has healthy, eyes, and shiny fur.  Anyway, good luck Buddy, hate to hear that.  Come on out, and see if Elk will cause you any problems.  Take care.
                                   Wayne

Offline Marks

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2015, 11:43:26 am »
What exactly do you buy and how do you mix your Permethrin? I need to buy some.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2015, 04:43:34 pm »
Ben Meadows sells a big bottle and is what I've been using. But someone told me the other day that Tractor Supply sells it concentrated by the gallon. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

I went to the Doc, today and he said from the report, every tick that bit me must have been infected. The base line reference number for the test is a 0.35, mine was 5.02. I'm BBQing chicken tonight.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline bowandarrow473

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2015, 08:39:12 pm »
I hope it goes away sooner rather than later, looks like no deer meat for a while, that really stinks.
Whatever you are, be a good one.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2015, 10:14:59 pm »
Bet, me!
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Josh B

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2015, 08:41:25 pm »
Man that sucks!  I was going to offer up some non-red meat recipes until I remembered that I don't know how to cook without butter.  I hope it goes away and soon!  Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2015, 11:31:03 pm »
Eddie, you might find the right, safe ratio in a search on TG. I've seen it mentioned many times.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2015, 02:03:06 pm »
I'll take a look, Pat. The Doc said it's kinda like eating peppers, You can eat a hundred just fine and then you get a really hot one.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2015, 07:19:18 pm »
I hate you are going through this Eddie.  I told everybody at our hunting camp about your situation and we are spraying down religiously now.  Damn ticks....  reckon why the Good Lord made them?
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi