Author Topic: Christmas trade wish list  (Read 4984 times)

Offline bluegill68

Re: Christmas trade wish list
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 01:23:27 pm »
I would be glad to receive anything, I don't need another bow but am right handed with a 28" draw.

Offline warpath

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 02:47:02 pm »
I'm good on bows for now. Raw materials are always best with sinew and hair on hides being at the top of the list. As long as it's raw materials or something handmade I'll be happy!!! :D

G

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 06:34:06 pm »
I was just up in my shop working on a few things and it dawned on me. I don't need any knives. I have like 10.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 08:39:13 pm »
I'm open for anything. Raw materials are always nice. I've been thinking of breaking rocks and have absolutely nothing to start with.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »
I'm open for anything. Raw materials are always nice. I've been thinking of breaking rocks and have absolutely nothing to start with.

Thats definitely something I would be interested in, some knapping tools! I've been trying to do it with another rock!
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 09:46:09 pm »
I have recently taken to breaking rock also and have none worth messing with. That hasnt stopped me though. Good rock thats decent for a beginner would be great. I always appreciate raw materials as for me, making is most the fun. Except for arrows. I hate straightening cane shafts and tying fletching on.... with a passion, but I hunt so I make...
If you're good at mKing something though id be happy to have it.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Adam

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 06:12:24 pm »
I'll be thrilled with anything.  I don't think I've ever seen anything on this site posted by anyone that I wouldn't be very happy with.  Handmade and collected materials are always interesting and very cool in this day of mass production.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 11:43:37 pm »
I'd be happy with anything handmade. Raw materials is cool too

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 01:09:43 am »
I insist I receive a horse of the finest quality. It is the only gift I will accept, after passing a thorough dental inspection of course.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Any gift is a good gift. A quality stave will never be turned away. I could really use knapping rock(just started) & an elk billet. I'm extremely resourceful and anything I receive will be put to good use. I'd list all the things I build or would like to, but it might be easier to list the stuff I have no interest in. I'm good with whatever even if it means a new project.   
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 11:28:44 am »
I'd be ok with anything too. Anything bow related (bow, arrows) would be great. My stats are 28" draw right hand. In the 45-55# range is good. But like I said anything would be good. Thanks in advance!
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline son of massey

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 01:21:46 pm »
Open to whatever somebody thinks is a good idea. I knap some, but have gone more to trade points for hunting heads. I have wood, but staves are great. Bows are fun (26-28", up to 70# is fine, but 45-60 is comfortable) as are arrows, although I am fine with getting stuff to make other stuff out of. I have a decent amount of short sinew and arrows, but then once winter sets in I will probably go through them a lot faster than I have been too. Food is great to, I am more of a hot food than sweet food guy but am not real picky either. Looking forward to being surprised!
SOM

Offline Ryan C

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 03:20:43 pm »
Staves,skins, whatever is fine

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 10:25:27 am »
I am open to nearly anything. I have not built my first successful bow. I knap,  so anything along those line would be cool. a nice quiver, snake skins whatever. looking forward to it. We start this too soon, now the anticipation lasts longer. I also fish (mostly fly for trout) or catfishin and shoot black powder too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:20:14 pm by caveman2533 »

Offline Stoker

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 05:02:48 pm »
Open to anything.. I also fish and shoot black powder
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline thomcout_96

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 11:05:15 pm »
I wish for anything as long as my santa has fun making it!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:54:45 am by thomcout_96 »