Author Topic: Looking for a Pipe  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Looking for a Pipe
« on: September 03, 2015, 09:28:20 am »
I'm hoping to find someone to make me a good smoking pipe preferably out of wood. Will work out a trade for whatever it requires and I may be able to supply the wood.  Thanks

I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Looking for a Pipe
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 12:30:56 pm »
Fred I got a couple really cool pipes from Aaron (Pekane). But I haven't seen him around here in a while. Maybe try a PM his way.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:38:24 pm »
PM sent.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:07:13 pm »
PD and Knoll, thanks for the tip. If they don't respond I'll try to get in touch.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Philthy

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 08:45:45 am »
Fred, Did you ever get your tobacco pipe? I'd be interested in making you one to your specs (size, bend, shape, etc). I have a couple on hand I can email pictures- my iPad is a PITA and pictures too big.  I have plenty of briar on hand.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Philthy
Phil Smith

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 09:15:26 am »
A good looking and smooth drawing pipe is a wonderful possession.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:08:22 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Philthy

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 04:57:17 pm »
It is quite out of the ordinary these days but all of my pipes are tried and true friends and companions. I always take at least one pipe and a tin of Peterson Irish Flake along when I'm in the woods, just in case.