Author Topic: Plains Quiver Question  (Read 1640 times)

Offline punch

Plains Quiver Question
« on: August 24, 2015, 12:27:32 pm »
I have seen plains style quivers with both a round bottom and with the bottom sewn flat like TBB II page 303.  Does a round bottom offer any advantage to a flat sewn bottom?  It seems to me the round would offer more space for stone heads, but does the flat sewn offer any advantage other than being eaiser to construct?

gutpile

Re: Plains Quiver Question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 02:19:43 pm »
no other than it will hold more arrows, imo ...a flat bottom is better..reason it keeps the arrow more together and less noise and you can carry a half dozen still ...hope you will use wood arrows though cause aluminum  arrows and plains quiver do not mix....noisy let me tell ya....haha...gut

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 02:45:23 pm »
I've added foam inside Plains style quivers to hold arrow heads to protect them and the carrier. A slightly rounded bottom helps with this.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline punch

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 03:29:09 pm »
No aluminum arrow.  I have a plains style quiver sewn flat but I wanted to make a new one and was thinking about what a round bottom would offer.  I seen a few with round bottoms.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:59:26 am »
I prefer a flat bottom quiver as well.  Like gut says, it holds them together and is a bit quieter. I use mine for hunting, so I don't need any more than 3 or 4 arrows at most anyways.

gutpile

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 01:33:22 pm »
I have plains quiver flat bottom and round bottom... I use the flat more for reasons above..gut