Author Topic: What Would You Do  (Read 4689 times)

Offline Trapper Rob

What Would You Do
« on: August 05, 2015, 09:34:35 pm »
Years ago my grandfather gave me a Colt 1911 from when he was in WWII I walked past the gun cabinet the other day at his house & something didn't look right the pistol was gone & the 2 boxes of shells I had for it also so I ask & nobody knows they said it should be there but that was the only thing missing that I could tell.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: What Would You Do
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:55:02 pm »
Report it. That is a drag. I was looking at one just today on my lunch break. I had a gun that was left to me stolen as well. It sucks. Nothing males you feel worse than knowing that someone you trust took something that means so much!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Grasshopper Mouse

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:02:00 pm »
Famly meeting:
"Folks, a few years ago Grandpa gave me a gun that really means a lot to me. Now that gun is no longer in the cabinet and due to the circumstances I have to believe a family member has it. Now I don't care who took it or why they took it, but if that gun isn't back in the cabinet within five days the police will be notified of the theft.
If the gun is returned then things stop there and no questions asked. However, if the police get involved then fingerprints will be taken, an investigation will be made, and there ain't no one that's going to be happy."

In all honesty the police will probably fill out a report and then do nothing. But does the person that has the gun want to take that risk?

Guy

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:13:34 pm »
I'm sure Rob knows what he is dealing with family wise. That is a good plan Guy. I know if one came up missing on my end it would be gone already. Such a bummer!

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 11:12:20 pm »
The only thing I can say is if you think you are
getting screwed.
Talk to other folks that go through a family ordeal
where someone or someones are just totally greedy.
I've been there and it sucks. The suspicions are
 the worst part. I think it's just best to let the
 good lord handle it. Good luck Rob
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 09:49:29 am »
Report it, if it was pawned a good chance of getting it back if you have the serial numbers.  Good luck.
Always learning something new.

Offline sleek

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 10:20:57 am »
Take the serial numbers ( assuming it had any ) to the police. Talk to all the pawn shops. Hopefully you noticed it the day it went missing and isnt one of those deals where its been gone weeks and you just noticed it.

Bad thing about family. They think because you are family you have to put up with them. Family will screw you faster than any friend ever will. You may have to make a very strong point to them all. And if any thing else was mine over there, id take it home now. Gun cabinet and all.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 10:36:42 am »
best of luck getting it back Trapper.  I lost one in a truck that was stolen one time, still ticks me off & it was just a cheap 22. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 09:49:19 pm »
Sleek I think it's been gone for awhile I never go in the back room very often &  I never wrote down any # didn't think this would happen.

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:18 pm »
Pardner, gueard the rest of your stuff, be friendly when asked why you're taking everything thats yours,  but be honest. Someone knows something. Curious question though, who lives there now? None of my business of course, just wondering because im assuming your grandfather is not.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 03:21:48 am »
Sleek my grandfather lives there but everybody pitches in to spend the nights & sit with him during the day so we don't have to put him in a home.

Offline sleek

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 05:00:36 am »
Your grandfather is a lucky man. As are you to have a grandpa like him. You already know this of course. Glad to hear it though. As for the gn, we all have things that maoe us sick when we think of it. That will never go away but best start now putting it in a different part of your mind.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 08:44:44 am »
As long as what you do doesn't leave you with regrets later on
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 11:03:23 am »
As long as what you do doesn't leave you with regrets later on
That is the position I found myself in. I know who took my gun, and it makes me sick to think that they would do me like that. But in the end I know that I won't allow that person to be in a position to do it again. I hope it all works out!

Offline DC

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 12:28:32 pm »
If it was years ago that he gave it to you is it possible that he forgot and gave it to someone else?