Author Topic: Shoulder Injuries  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Little John

Shoulder Injuries
« on: July 19, 2015, 11:10:37 pm »
My wife picked up the August/ September issue of the Traditional Bow hunter Magazine for me today and the first article to catch my attention was by E. Donald Thomas about shoulder injuries and bow hunting and especially with bow hunters over 50 years old. You never want to hear pop and ouch especially when the pop comes from your shoulder and the ouch from your mouth. It happened to me about 16 monthes ago and I am still nursing it. It is much better but still touch and go, can still shoot 62-65#. It can just as easy be season or career ending or require surgery. A hunter really needs to warm up his muscles especially in cold weather, don't shoot more bow than you need, and respect every hunt and season as it might could be your last. any way an interesting article and every word rang true for me, oh and Don hurt his and has been on the side line for several monthes. Be careful out there we are all getting older  and not bullet pruf any more.         Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Shoulder Injuries
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:33:45 pm »
 Man do I know where your comeing from. Last AUG. tore my rotator cup. It was almost better in DEC. I could put in a hair tie. In Dec. I fell through a barn floor put my hand down to catch myself. Not only rehurt my sholder again but rehunt a nerve in my deck arm and my back.

I can shoot a couple arrows now then but it sucks. Good enough to get one arrow off at 10,12 yards.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 12:01:42 am »
Sorry to hear that Crooket, we sure aren't getting any younger. I Know I don't heal as fast or as thouroghly as before.       Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 12:57:49 pm »
  I've been falling apart from 06 when I had 2 strokes. The last year my RA has thripled (worse) in the last year. Now gout in my left foot really sucks. I'm by far a go do,er. The last week I just can't click that remote once more.

But I've not into giveing up and setting down. HOPFULLY THATS A WAYS OFF, HOPFULLY.

Your right about getting older man am 53 if I'd known I was going to live this long. I'd took better care of myself.

Whens the healing start on my end it just keeps getting worse. 
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 11:10:45 pm »
Man oh Man Crooket, you are lucky just to be up and moving around after a stroke or two. You be careful with your self and enjoy life  , all we can hope for is one more bow hunt.     Kenneth