Author Topic: MOJAM  (Read 4752 times)

Offline Spotted Dog

MOJAM
« on: July 19, 2015, 06:22:58 pm »
 I went to MOJAM Saturday and was ready for a lot of heat. In the morning it was rainy and cooler. I was able to take 2 first timers along.
I met a very nice young man in the shelter house. I can't hear out of my left ear so I can't remember what he goes by on here. He was
working on a walnut stave. Picked up a piece of ERC from him and wanted to make sure of a thank you from me.  Hard to find a nicer
young man. We need more like him. Primitive Archers are still the best in my book.

Spotted Dog
A three strand cord is not easily broken. Ecc.4:12

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: MOJAM
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 09:04:36 pm »
Primitive archers and bow makers are some of the best people I know. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:42:26 pm »
Your welcome, I hope it's something you can use, I hope to see it bending. MoJam was full of great people willing to help out and give advice. I'm glad I went and got to connect faces with the names I see on here.

Kyle

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 04:02:11 pm »
AMEN to all of the above and I can stoutly affirm that Mr. Catcher is one of the finest sort you are likely ever to find anywhere...

...with the exception of the fact that his hard work and dedication make me look like the slacker I likely am, He's an all around treat of a fellow to meet, talk with, and work along side.

OneBow

Offline Spotted Dog

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 04:08:18 pm »
I wish I could of had more time there. My friends that were with me kind of tired out too soon.
I also had to be some where at 4.  Next year  :P

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 04:15:43 pm »
AMEN to all of the above and I can stoutly affirm that Mr. Catcher is one of the finest sort you are likely ever to find anywhere...

...with the exception of the fact that his hard work and dedication make me look like the slacker I likely am, He's an all around treat of a fellow to meet, talk with, and work along side.

OneBow

Agreed, thanks for the black locust stave catcher! I can't wait to get to whittling on it! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Spotted Dog

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 04:18:55 pm »
Patrick,
I do not know if I got around to where you were. We had tan tee shirts from the primitive skills class I
teach at my church. Primitive Pathways.

Daniel

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 04:46:33 pm »
I seen you dog,  but never got the chance to meet you. I was the bigger fella shooting through the chronograph. Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 06:52:29 pm »
It's not just the heat. It is also the humidity. I spent July-September at Ft Leonard Wood 1972. Hot and humid...a real character builder LOL...for this Northern bow. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »
Patrick I'm surprised that chrono survived! Your mentee is supposed to shoot between the rods, not into them!!  ;D :P
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 07:32:09 pm »
Patrick I'm surprised that chrono survived! Your mentee is supposed to shoot between the rods, not into them!!  ;D :P

Your right buddy, That was patches that was bouncing arrows off of it!  >:D Patrick

Offline sleek

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 09:26:25 pm »
Dangit pat I ment to leave the chrono with you. Guess I gadda make a trip up there to you soon.... darn.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Selfbowbeginner

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 09:43:53 pm »
I actually attended Mo Jam this year a lot of great guys were there an helped me build my first it wasn't the 55lbs that I originally wanted but it's so awesome to shoot something I built

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 10:40:30 pm »
Jawge, We gotta get you back to MO again soon.  Id love to meet you.  I'm pretty sure I met almost everyone at mojam at one point or another.  Hopefully I can remember all your names.  Remember I live near st. Louis if any of you ever want to build I have two benches in the garage.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline sleek

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 10:48:42 pm »
You old guys and your benches ;)
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others