Author Topic: 3000 Days.  (Read 1637 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
3000 Days.
« on: July 10, 2015, 10:22:38 am »
Today is my last day with my current employer. I have pulled up to this shop over 3000 times. Morning, noon, night. To combat flooding, plow snow, or just everyday work. It is bitter sweet to say the very least. They taught me how to operate equipment, drive a 13 speed dump truck, plow snow, and the most major for me, they taught me to look into myself for answers of the tough questions. I have spent more time with some of these men and women than I have my wife. I have built new roads, repaired old ones. Replaced thousands of street signs. I even had the opportunity to pour a little concrete. I have cut thousands of acres of grass. I have literally become a man at this job. It is much harder to leave this place than I ever thought. I hope my new job will offer the same type of coworkers, and just as many challenges and learning opportunities.  Onward and upward.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline bubby

Re: 3000 Days.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 11:03:07 am »
Good luck joe, like the old tom rush song, no regrets
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 11:48:00 am »
Tough, but like you say it's taught you to be self reliant.
It's far far sadder when you've given your sweat and loyalty only to be overlooked and cast aside for some 'new boy know nothing'.
Take your fond memories with you.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 10:04:11 pm »
Good luck! Sounds like you'll do just fine in the next chapter.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 01:55:13 am »

When you get the opportunity to step up a notch in life, step up.  You were fortunate to have an employer to show you the ropes, and give you an opportunity to improve not only your work, and job skills, but to improve your own self image.  If you don't approve of yourself, no one else will either.  Be happy with who you are, as an individual, not as someone trying to emulate someone else.  Glad you took the lessons of self determination, and reliance with good grace.  You were given the opportunity to improve not only yourself, but your income.  Live below your means, get rid of your credit cards, just use your debit card.  Debt is not a tool.  Set a budget, and write it down.  Make your money work for you, not the other way around, and you will see, that you have more money than month, left over.  This new job can be a new life for you and your family.  Don't go buying stuff with the new paycheck.  We are constantly being bombarded by adds, as to how we can have what we want now, just by going in debt.  Right.  No thanks. Old age comes way too soon, how well you set a budget, and a goal, and sacrifice now for old age, will determine if you will be eating steak, or dog food Good luck, and be thankful for the lessons you were given, and pat yourself on the back, for taking those lessons, and learning more skills, and knowledge to add to your resume'.  Congratulations, and good luck.  Keep in touch with your former employer, and a Christmas card to him, and your former coworkers, is not just a nice gesture, but also a good peace pipe in case things go south, with the new job.  Again, good for you, and good luck.  I think you will do fine with your new coworkers.

Wayne

Offline Will Tell

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 11:44:09 am »
I've had a few job changes over the years and every job has good and bad. The cream always rises to the top. You'll do great.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 02:45:14 pm »
There wasn't any attempt at retention, but the management knows that once you get to my level there isn't much higher you can go within. I was told by my director that I am welcome to come back whenever I wanted. Although they just implemented a hard nepotism rule. Until my dad retires I can't go back. He's only got a few years.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 04:45:34 am »
Good luck with you new adventure. ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good