Author Topic: Baby vultures  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Baby vultures
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 01:39:31 pm »
As long as you chase it with beer, it's OK.  :o   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 10:01:06 pm »
I don't have to post anything, ya'll know I love 'em!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 11:31:51 pm »
JW, I was waiting for you to comment since you are the resident bird man  ;D 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 02:00:59 am »

When I was a kid, I had a Friend that had a horse, and we would go riding through the pine woods, and one day some buzzards were on the other side of a big patch of palmettos, and when we got near, they flew up, and the horse turned around, and was trying to go the other way.  I asked my Buddy, why his horse was so shy of buzzards, and he said a few years before then, they had rounded a big patch of palmettos, and a flock of buzzards, and they had been feeding on a dead cow, and when they flew up, they puked on him and his horse!  He said he threw up, and then rode the horse into a canal, and dove under the water,and tried to wash off the stench, and had to go home, and wash the clothes a couple of times, he had to wash the horse, down, and the saddle, and blanket.  He said he would never knowingly get that close to a buzzard again!  They do that to be lighter, to be able to escape what they perceive as a threat.  Not something I would ever want to happen to me.  Too bad we couldn't train them to do that on command.  Be some political events, where that would be absolutely perfect!  Feed em a good helping of road kill, and four day old fish!  Oh, yeah, that would be so apropos!

Wayne

Offline Zuma

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 10:20:06 am »

"Be some political events, where that would be absolutely perfect!  "
LOL!

The problem is Stick is the events already stink that bad.
Sounds like it would make the walking dead,
stop in their tracks though.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.