Author Topic: Knife Sheath  (Read 7872 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Knife Sheath
« on: February 04, 2008, 01:59:42 am »
This is a sheath I made for the guy that put me to work while my real estate business is slow. Someone else made the knife and added the old antler or bone handle scales. Eric asked me to make him a sheath  so I used scrap leather, a scrap of a snake skin that was chrome tanned over 30 years ago, a little contact cement and artificial sinew. I think it turned out nice. I'm sure Eric will love it.     Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Knife Sheath
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:27:40 am »
Dang Pat, your generosity never ends.  That is a great looking quiver.  Maybe you could come out and work for me for a while.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 02:29:48 am »
I could do that! 8)...Fall, winter and spring only. ;D    I need a place to retire to. ;)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 02:35:52 am »
That looks good Pat!  You reckon a piece of air dried skin glued to leather with Barge cement would hold up very well?
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 02:43:04 am »
Shannon, I know it will. Degrease it first. ;)     Pat

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 11:07:02 am »
Looks nice Pat
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:17:17 am »
Very nice Pat,if he don't like it tell him to send it to me. ;D ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Dingleberry

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 07:37:16 pm »
Nice work Pat.  :)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 09:04:54 pm »
That's plum spiffy, Pat. Good looking sheath, and the snake hide really sets it off.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline John K

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 09:55:59 pm »
I lik it ! That snake skin is a nice touch.
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 01:46:23 am »
Thanks everyone. I used to own a custom leather shop(over 30 years ago) and still have some of my tools. I enjoy leather work and often wonder why I don't do more. ??? ::)   
   I gave it to Eric today and he freaked. Knowing me pretty well, he wasn't expecting it for a year or so. Maybe he'll give me a raise. ;)    Pat

Offline Keenan

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 11:24:24 am »
  Nice work Pat that is awesome. You got a great heart, and I can relate to someone being surprized by recieving something befor a year or so.   I had so many projects that went on hold while dealing with the health the  last two years. that I wonder if I'll ever get back on track.   Keenan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 01:43:06 am »
Keenan, at least you have an excuse! ;D ::)     Pat

jamie

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 12:41:57 pm »
thats awesome pat

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 11:33:03 am »
good looking combo pat.  if things are slow, you can come and sub here at the high school.  we are in desperate need of subs and you can crash with me.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy