Author Topic: Polk Salad Annie "half eye" set me up on a date.  (Read 9605 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Polk Salad Annie "half eye" set me up on a date.
« on: April 11, 2015, 06:01:18 pm »
   Folks "half eye" set me up on a date with a Mean Straight Razor totin Woman...And boy is she mean! :o The link attached shows the original posting for those who haven't seen her. http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,50722.0.html  Rich sent her to me and through discussions over the phone about getting the draw length back we decided I should sinew with one layer...I think the sinew along with "half eye's" tillering made a bullet proof arrow sling'n machine...
   Annie weighs 12 oz.
   quarter sawn Grey/American Elm
   51" ntn Mollegabet
   65#@27"

I have to say this is the fastest bow I have shot...It's hard to track the arrow at 15 yds. in flight...But they are hitting straight. Rich, thanks for the bow man, she's a screamer ;D
                                                                                                                             Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline half eye

Re: Polk Salad Annie "half eye" set me up on a date.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 06:18:52 pm »
Mr. Burchett,
      Cant say as I ever seen a 51" rigid handled bow yanked back like that, you are a wild man for sure. Your sinew job must be/ is perfect sir, or that bow would be in pieces by now what with all them arrows you shot. You aint scared of no "fulldraw" eh? 8) 8)
rich

Offline Drewster

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 06:38:31 pm »
Oh what fun to have a bow that fast......love fast bows.  Extra nice job on P S Annie.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline GB

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 07:38:09 pm »
Wow, 65# from a 51" bow.  That's pretty impressive IMO.  Tiller looks great!
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 08:56:41 pm »
Don, you got something really special there.  That one ought to put meat in the freezer. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:10:07 pm »
  Rich, I'm not scared as long as your doing the tillering Sir  ;) I never had to make an adjustment as I exercised it inch by inch  8)
  Drewster, Thanks for the response although I'm not into the speed thing it was the first thing I noticed, I will have to use paper or either back out some to check arrow flight.
  GB, the bow weighed 61#@ 21" to start with and I think it would have been heavier but it was near 90 and humid hear in SC today.
  Howard, Yea I was scared to death I would bust this bow to pieces...But she has been well shot for some time now. The plan is to hunt with Annie this fall during some dry weather...It is a special bow for sure...
                                                                                                                                    Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Ken S

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 09:56:26 pm »
That's one sweet shooter,nice job!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 11:18:31 pm »
You sure know how to get all you can get out of a bow. Nice work.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 11:42:09 pm »
WOW!!! :o

How does she feel,at the back end of the draw?

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 11:47:01 pm »
Pretty incredible! Enjoy. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 06:44:53 am »
 Thanks Ken S, I have to get used to shooting these short bows, it's like going from a rifle to a pistol and I ain't Clint Eastwood yet :o

Thanks Bob, I'm giving Rich all the credit here, the sinew was just insurance. His tillering was spot on spreading the load evenly 8)

Traxx, with the string angle @ 65lbs and my big fingers it's kinda tight, but no stacking, I believe it would come back some more but don't want to risk chrysaling...

George, thank you Sir  ;)
                                                                                                               Don

Offline ajooter

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 10:47:05 am »
That is one bada$$ Lil lady!

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 01:35:36 pm »
Wow nice bend on that one

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 06:59:02 pm »
Ajooter, this is the first molly I ever shot and at 12 oz those levers can't weigh much so yessir she is bad  :o

Wizard, "half eye" had this thing dialed in from the get go, sinewed and took her on back with no changes... 8)
                                                                                                                                               Don

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 07:08:44 pm »
Looks like you two teamed up on a winner there. Lot of draw weight and draw length on that shorty but the bend looks darn good. I would never have the nerve to take a bow of that length to that far of a draw, sinew or not, of course I have short arms too so no need to. ;D  Nice work guys, sure looks like a screamer.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.