Author Topic: Recent Stuff  (Read 5129 times)

Offline Sasquatch

Recent Stuff
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:15:07 pm »
Here are some points that I have made recently. Most are from flakes. Some are from spalls (dacite, and translucent one).

Offline Sasquatch

Re: Recent Stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 01:16:20 pm »
more

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 01:21:32 pm »
This is a sequence series.  I marked the corners of the flake on my hand

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 01:45:02 pm »
That's some very pretty rocks. (drool) Your points are really filigree, lovey jewelry-like stuff. I like the series on your hand as well. I'm still a beginner, knap alone, and I tend to feel bad when my points get smaller and smaller as I thin them. That series puts things in perspective (and from that perspective I needmore practice  :P ), nice idea.
Don't shoot!

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 02:00:14 pm »
Amazing points Nathan.  Think I need to swing by for some lessons. I'm getting rusty. 
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 02:12:30 pm »
Nathan, man you got them going. I especially like the replication lying on the picture. Don may haye to make room for company in the winner's circle pretty soon.

WA

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 02:47:42 pm »
JoJo.. thanks man, do your best to get to a knappin.  you will learn so much.
Tower: Thanks brother... I'll have to check my schedule and see if i have time somewhere to teach you what I know >:D ha! Joking.. For real  Man your work is my inspiration.  If we could only get you to post more often, that would give us all something to drool over. 

WA,  You have it figured out pretty well your self.  Now post some of those recent points that you showed me on friday.   Them are pretty

Offline Parnell

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 03:09:32 pm »
Beauties, all of 'em.  What's that material with the lines running through it?  Don't think I've ever seen that before.
1’—>1’

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 05:20:03 pm »
Just wow man !
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Stringman

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 06:29:48 pm »
Looking good! Hope to get ur box headed out soon.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 07:25:51 pm »
  That 5 th pic. is awsome what kind of stone is that.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline TRACY

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 07:33:56 pm »
Man Sasquatch , your notches and points look great!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 09:29:23 pm »
great looking points, Nathan. I really like that green rock.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 10:27:42 pm »
Thanks everybody, I love looking at y'all's  points on this site.   Just figured y'all like doing the same.
The stripped stone is from Tower, he gave it to me at the college station knapp-in.   It's petrified wood.   Now y'all get off the computer and get to knapping, I want to see some of y'all's awesome points.  ;D

Offline NonBacked

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 01:52:47 am »
Nathan - Looks like you found some knapping time between the rain and cold fronts! I think any “real” Indian would be proud of those points – excellent job. Next time I’m going to watch very closely when you make the nocks – precision work. I hope those two you made with red obsidian came from flakes off the slab Jake donated to my education.

+1 on the comment about learning opportunities at knappins; looking forward to the next one…

Here’s what I did today (first attempts since the College Station gathering) in about two hours. The obsidian is the one Jake did as a percussion demo (provided a good pile of potential arrowhead flakes). I plagiarized it by adding the tang; planning to add a staff and make a spear some day. The other big ‘un is one he made form the Guadalupe flint I brought. Unique to my current capabilities, the smaller ones are made from flakes from the big ‘un. The glass point is from a bottle that Jason gave me. Now you see why I mentioned the nocks!