Author Topic: Pyramid assymetrical limb full draw profile?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Pyramid assymetrical limb full draw profile?
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:32:32 pm »
I am doing my first assymetrical limb bow. Its a 55" pyramid. Top limb is 1" longer than the bottom. Can someone post some pics of assymetrical limbs and how they look when properly tillered. Its seem to me that my top limb bends more than the stiffer bottom. Is that correct?   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Pyramid assymetrical limb full draw profile?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:52:24 pm »
Danny the limb length doesn't really play a role in tillering. They both have to bend evenly fade to tip and balance in your draw hand when drawn.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Newindian

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:06:39 pm »
Old bow, bad picture, and not so great of a tiller (outer upper stiff), but you can get the idea. Tiller so the limbs bend evenly and with equivalent force between the two ( at full draw one limb shouldn't be further back then the other, and the bow balances in your hand a fd). Top is about 6" longer than the bottom
I like free stuff.

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 04:05:45 pm »
Got it thanks. I've got a couple woop dee doo's on the outer limbs of both that are throwing me a little and it seems as if the upper limb is bending more. It does balance in the middle though so we'll see how it turns out. I was just wondering if it was due to the longer upper limb but I can see from your responses it is not. JonW had called a few minutes ago and he told me the same thing.
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline bushboy

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 07:15:36 pm »
Greeting danny! I think where you grip the bow makes a difference.pryamids I tend to have a lower grip with my palm in the fade.a bow is a bow from where it is gripped.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.