Author Topic: arrow making  (Read 7935 times)

Offline Dlamb

arrow making
« on: January 26, 2008, 07:20:55 pm »
im kinda new to this did a lot of research and finally built my first bow this week

what im wondering is does anyone know where i can find a detailed tutorial into arrow crafting?

Offline DanaM

Re: arrow making
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 07:41:57 pm »
Depends what your looking for bamboo or cane shafts, natural hard wood shoots,
turned shafts? Read through some of the threads here, I think you will get a good idea from them.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 09:45:43 pm by Justin Snyder »
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline uwe

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:51 am »
And then: learning by doing. When I started interesting in this complete theme, there was no internet, no books in Germany to read about. It was just trying. Others were shaking heads about. Step by step I learned what I needed.
So, thumbs up, you have quite a few more possibilities to approve arrow and bowmaking.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 03:05:31 pm »
The Traditional Bowyer's Bible vol. 1  has a good chapter by Jay Massey that goes over the basics of arrow making. Jim Hamm's Bows and Arrows of the Native Americans also has some good info, as do many of the back issues of Primitive Archer magazine. And like Dana said, read through the archives here on the site, or ask questions if you have a problem.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 03:07:55 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 04:19:41 pm »
Some of the first issues of PA had a great set of articles by Ken Wee on "Arrow Making 101". Lots of good info in those articles.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:30:11 pm »
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!