Author Topic: LIVE FREE OR DIE  (Read 4542 times)

Offline crooketarrow

LIVE FREE OR DIE
« on: February 19, 2015, 12:56:26 pm »
  Anyone seen LIVE FREE OR DIE I'm much into reality shows but this one wasn't so bad. To of them live on the ex stream one of them is a no mic hunter.  Lives between the CAL. coast and the mountains where he hunts for his food.

Cool gull wing bow. His friend came they forged a spear tip (LOOKED GOOD). Then mounted it him and his Indian (SELFBOW) friend took it for protection when hog hunting. Showed them hog hunting a VINURT. The hog they were after was 3 or 400 pounds. He said 300.
  He made a nice shot on a ground squirrel. He also set some dead falls. I'm using way to little rocks. He used 70,80 pounds on pack rats. He crushed one.

I showed the other guy THORN. Is and kinda of a hunter gather, savager. Lived all winter in a leaf,and log hunt.  That impressed me but he got  inter bark from a popular twisted it up and made fishing line. Caught a pound rainbow.

It also showed him straighting river Cain shoots over the fire. He living free buts going to die hard. Theres also a old trapper in GORGIA swamp. He lives somewhat primitive in the swamp traps out of a canoe but has truck and pay pal. He said his yearly money out take was only $1200,00.

The others is 2 young Made and wife. Home steading on a hill side steep hill side. But he's did it really cool. Made tarresse's, along with ponds up the hill side for water for his gardens. In  the ponds he raises Miniows for his chickens. Showed them catching a bees that had swam ed. I can't remember the number of hives she had. Also showed her skinning a road kill bob cat. They also eat it.

In all it was really good showed 4 different ways these people lived. Good or bad you have to live respect where respect is due. Rule #1 you've got to learn to see past your own nose.                                                               
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: LIVE FREE OR DIE
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 01:40:29 pm »
I watched the whole season. Like all the other similar shows, a lot is staged and they don't live as ruggedly as they'd like us to think. The resources they have now wont last a lifetime and being on tiny pieces of private land, what other options exist after they are gone? I do like learning a few primitive tricks, so I watch them all the same.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:30:37 pm »
I didn't care for it much,,to staged,,make believe.
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Cade

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 11:46:40 pm »
I was watching the hog hunting episode and I'm pretty sure he had field points on his arrows when  hunting. That kind of proved to me it was staged.  :-\

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:58:19 am »
I made a drinking game out of mountain men, alaskan frontier an a few other "reality" shows. every time you see somethin that seems to be staged you drink, any time you hear a flat out lie you take a shot. By mid episode Im loaded and cant keep track of whats happening so I switch to music.
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 09:12:27 am »
The couple were my favorite on that show. They at least could have made it. The dude from California was living in his friends family's cabin, not really roughing it. Shows like these are fun to watch, until something happens that is just too far out there, then I lose interest. My wife did take the killing in the show a whole lot better than I had hoped.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Renacs

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:45:18 am »
 i have seen the show. i guess the guy in the swamp is the most realistic to me; but i'm curios about there bows. they appear to me to be f.g. i guess theirs nothing wrong with that , just saying.  Anyrhing that has archery in it always catches my attention for a minute a least.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 10:26:36 am »
Reality TV is not so.....real.  Never watch any of it.

Now if they really wanted to make a reality TV show they would dump a few people in the wilds up North around Hearst Ontario during the Summer months and let them survive the Black Flies and Mosquitoes.  That would be interesting to see
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 10:29:40 am »
Les Stroud is as real as reality tv gets. That's a 100% bad man right there. Id love to hang with him for a few days in the bush.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 09:35:53 pm »
I do like watching the one with the ex military guys, "Man You're Screwed". Even if it's staged it is still pretty interesting and entertaining.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline wildman

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 11:01:27 pm »
Les Stroud for president !!!  ,   other than that the rest are amusing to a point.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 12:37:15 am »
    There all more hard core than I want to be.

I like to see how other people live. They all looked like they live perty primitive to me. They all did more starveing than I want to be. Maybe at 25 yea but I' m 53 now. I feel like I've payed my due's. I figger I've frozze way more times hunting than most.

So I like it when
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Zuma

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 02:00:05 am »
Twenty years means look behind your ears. Let me know if it is still wet??
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Will Tell

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 08:47:29 am »
I like to watch Mick Dodge and his odd bunch of friends. He admits its all about TV and pure entertainment. It would be tough roughing out a primitive life with all the rules and regulations we got in place today.