Author Topic: Feedback wanted from community on bow stave giveaway- update on shipping cost  (Read 11663 times)

Offline bubby

Re: Feedback wanted from community on bow stave giveaway
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 10:05:49 pm »
That sounds good, i mean you are probably wraping them aren't you ;)
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline GB

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 10:06:37 pm »
I was lucky enough to see Danny's giveaway post and PM'd right away.  That's a really generous thing to do and your time packaging and taking them to the Post Office should be worth something, too.  I'm with JoJo, add enough to make it worth your while.
Thanks again!
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 10:43:39 pm »
Yeah, I dont always wrap em but I talked with Clint and he suggested I do. If you want one Bub Pm me and I'll send it your way. I think I have about 4 left thats not spoken for yet.

Thanks for the encouraging words fellas
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 11:05:29 pm »
I am good with whatever you decide.  Doing two group averages (high and low) + $5-$10  seems fair, but if you decide that one average for everything is easier to you,  then that is great too.  Will you PM the lucky ones?

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 11:54:16 pm »
I think the fact you're taking the trouble to do all of this for us.  It is very generous of you.  I think paying a little extra would be the least thing that would concern me.  It wouldn't bother me in the slightest bit

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 12:00:34 am »
I think the fact you're taking the trouble to do all of this for us.  It is very generous of you.  I think paying a little extra would be the least thing that would concern me.  It wouldn't bother me in the slightest bit

I couldn't agree more.

Offline Puckaway

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 01:36:28 am »
I've submitted a PM earlier and think that you are doing a great thing for all of us. You've done all the work here. I hope that you in the end end up ahead! You have to figure that your time is worth something and with that number of staves you've put your time in already! I'd have no problem paying an additional amount and hope to be able to post a finished piece from your stave pile, as well as photos from the field.

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 02:13:51 am »
Thanks guys. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I really don't mind Puck. Its better to see this stuff get turned into bows than to let it collect dust. Its not like I'm gonna quit finding good osage either, so I need to do a better job of disciplining my harvest choices to maximize the best return and not build up so much iffy stuff I never touch. I used to be much more overly optimistic in my harvest choices than I am now. I pass on alot of trees now days. So I hope every one gets happy with what ever stave they get and give it their best go. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

I sent many PM's tonight and they said I was over my 20 an hr rate so I will pick it up again tomorrow and get it settled so we can start shipping some staves. We'll see ya'all tomorrow.

Offline Badger

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 02:14:13 am »
  This was really a nice gesture to the community here. Shipping out 41 staves to different addresses is a real job.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 03:11:54 am »
Very fair and very generous, a lot of work there.
I think I'd have added $10... but then I'm a tightwad ;) ;D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Thunder

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 09:16:44 am »
This is a very generous thing you're doing. Just wanted to say thanks.

Cheers
Thunder
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born...and the day you find out why."  Mark Twain

Offline dueb

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 09:20:52 am »
That sounds good, I'll take that any day. Hope I'm still in on one!  ;D
If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it: Every arrow that flies feels the pull of the earth.
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 10:55:50 am »
Everyone that has contacted me has recieved a PM with the amount to send and were. 37 total. I will let you guys know when they start to ship.  Gotta go to work today. I will check in later. Gotta get some debarking done today too.  Danny

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 11:08:59 am »
Debarking ang sap removed is worth way more than 5 bucks. Very nice of you. If someone complains they could go scratch as far as im concerned :)

Offline Sockrablur

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 11:16:30 am »
Danny if it helps at all I don't have a moment's hesitation paying $35 to touch my first ever osage stave. Ill go so far as to say I still feel iou more than a thank you. Money is on the way... very excited! Thank you for going through all the trouble and bother.