Author Topic: The Tennessee Classic  (Read 28210 times)

Offline Chief RID

Re: The Tennessee Classic
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2015, 11:08:16 pm »
I did a trial run with my sisters camper this weekend to the Rocks Pond shoot here in SC. Things went well and I am starting to seriously consider the trip to Twin Oaks. That set my push me over the edge Pat.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2015, 11:13:17 pm »
Amazing gear, Joe York!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2015, 07:43:33 am »
Dang guys, amazing work. Yall are making me tear up here, going to have to stop looking. :) Thanks so much. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2015, 09:26:24 am »
Pat:  The arrow in the picture is the one you gave me on my first visit to the Classic and is a treasure for me.  It reminds me of the generosity and the kindness of the people you meet at the Farm!  I have it displayed so that I am always reminded of the talent and great people you meet there.  Its 9 below again today so only plan to do the chores and get some fire wood in!  My wood pile is starting to look like Burn Up Chuck has been in the shed!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2015, 10:33:48 am »
I didn't recognize it Joe.  :-[    I think that's the only arrow I ever made with a fore shaft.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Stringman

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 11:06:23 am »
Joe, your leather work is incredible! I had high hopes of trading you for one of those leather slings, now I will have to take my chances with the rest of the crew.    :'( ;D

Happy chorin!

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 11:27:24 am »
Scott:  Could be we might work up a trade for a sling.  You will have to give me some instructions as to what you want, measurements, colors, etc. along with some patience as they take some time to build!  This time of year there is no knapping or working in the shop so I need to work on things in my Hell Room!  Joe

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 01:57:01 pm »
Pat the set your giving is awesome and the fella doing the leather work is a master craftsman for sure. Not sure yet if I will be able to make it. Only two things stopping me, time and money. Not sure if I will have the time and if I do I may not have the money. I will have to wait until I see what the spring storm clouds bring. I'm in roofing and if I'm knee deep in a hail storm then I won't be able to brake away due to time. Gotta make hay while the sun is shinning if you know what I mean.

I been wanting to go for several years now and its probabley about time I do it. Jon W said he wants to go to so we'll see what happens.
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2015, 08:45:01 am »
Pat, you've certainly set the high end of the bar.  I better get to work.  Won't be able to top them, for sure.
Joe, Nice... Just plain nice.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2015, 09:50:45 am »
I'll bet you are ready to see the ground at this point Matt.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Stringman

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:03 am »
Joe, I'll be in contact.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 11:36:04 am »
Pat
& MWirwicki :  Pat thanks for bailing me out on the pictures!  Am going to try to find a buffalo skull to send back for the Station and thinking you fellows will make sure it gets decorated and painted.  Finally saw four big bull elk this morning from the porch and they were still packing horns which if really great news.  Joe

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2015, 06:57:19 pm »
The quiver is done. I've added a bow case and a knapped knife(from Hickory Bill)with deer leg bone handle. All I have to do now is build the arrows. I partially straightened 6 hill cane shafts and will make the arrows soon.
 Here is the set so far...

...the knife and sheath...

...and the removal pouch...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2015, 11:17:29 pm »
Joe; There are going to be some lucky people. You are talented, Sir.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2015, 04:49:50 am »
That is awesome Pat.  :) James said he had something special for the table also. :) I know it looks bad if I win anything >:D >:D but still going to try. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good