Author Topic: USPS strikes again!  (Read 8261 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: USPS strikes again!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 02:00:38 pm »
When I ship rocks I use the Post Office's free tape and wrap it till it's indestructible.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 01:45:28 am »
When I ship rocks I use the Post Office's free tape and wrap it till it's indestructible.
Yea he does! I dulled 2 razor blades getting into a Mullet  rock package.   :o
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline JEB

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:37 pm »
A few years ago I found a rock source on the desert in New Mexico.  I mailed back several large flat rate boxes of that stuff back home to Michigan.. Not one box was opened or damaged.  As mentioned, I taped the crap out of every box.  I use so much tape you can't see the cardboard.

My mail lady is top shelf and we take care of her at Christmas time.  One day she hit the doorbell with a large flat rate box of obsidian spawls.  She said what ever is in here is broke.  I told her that was OK it was supposed to be and then I explained to her what it was.  She gets a kick out of what I get sent to me but not so much when I told her one day that snake skins were in the box.

Offline JEB

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 06:24:57 pm »
Was going to mention that myself a two others use to open up archery ranges in Iraq and Afghanistan.   We sent countless bows, arrows and targets to Soldiers and Marines.  The last base that I set up was at Camp Hansen, Afghanistan on a Marine base.  I packaged up two recurves in a box and sent it off.  Lt Penny contacted me and laughed  that an IED couldn't have damaged the bows.

If it important enough to send it is important enough to do it right.

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 08:00:22 pm »
And if it came from a dealer, then I would contact them as it was shipped improperly and depending on how they respond find a new dealer.

Offline bubby

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 11:03:05 pm »
Sounds to me like you have a problem at your po-distribution center, paul is one of the best guys around and like i said i've got four maybe five boxes of stone from him and the boxes were just fine, that box looks like it was ripped open
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 09:35:47 am »
That is the conclusion I came to as well. My mailman is good. I know things happens, and my trade arrow was left in the gutter, but I get it. Everyone has an off day. This is clearly a situation that someone didn't care. Paul used as much tape as I do. We will see on the next one.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 10:00:59 am »
Last year my old knapping buddy from Yakima sent me a one of those big PO boxes that they say if it fits it ships!  It contained slabbed obsidian from the buttes.  He wrapped each bundle of slabs in cushion and taped them individually.  The box as well as the slabs were taped to the max!  When I picked it up at the Post Office the box sounded like a box of broken glass and that is exactly what it was!  There was only a very few slabs that had not been broken.  When I called my buddy and told him what had happened he went to his Post Office and found they have a drop shoot for the boxes and the boxes have to fall several feet down to a container in the basement!  I know that box represented a lot of time and work with the trip to the Buttes and all the time and effort it took to cut the slabs.  Made me sick to lose all those precious rocks!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline bubby

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 10:57:21 am »
I always have the package, no matter what it is marked fragile
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JEB

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 12:30:05 pm »
Wolf I guess it is a crap shoot when mailing off packages.  I went to the rock show in Arizona last year and found a guy selling 5" by 6" slabs of obsidian for a $1.00 a slab.  I mailed home two boxes of the slabs and not one broke or cracked.

One thing I did also was wrap 6 slabs together tight and then bubble wrapped them before I put the into the box.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 06:00:54 pm »
I wrap the same way as JEB and the slabs I ship usually make it. I wrap slabs so they can't move and can be dropped from the Space Shuttle.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Tyke

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 06:13:28 pm »
I dont believe you eddie prove and send me somthing  :laugh:
why buy it when you can build it

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 07:24:03 pm »
Let me get off of six, twelves or later and I'll fire the saw up.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Tyke

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 10:02:19 pm »
I was kidding mullet i have unwrapped some staves from you  ;)

Offline Tyke

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 01:47:54 pm »
And i think they struck again auggie sent me a stave which is lost in limbo some where between colorado and utah it left colorado  and. Never made it to utah so i called the post office and the only advice they had was to wait two weeks in case it shows up it must be a utah thing