Author Topic: Reflexed bamboo Ipe 65'' longbow nearly finished  (Read 4698 times)

Offline adams89

Re: Reflexed bamboo Ipe 65'' longbow nearly finished
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 09:47:47 am »
 ;D it when you look at the unstrung photo of the bow you'll see that the inner thirds are glued in a reflex, them bending like the do now is good in my eyes they do a lot of work not loosing reflex of the bow underlines my take on the tiller.I refere to the Perry reflex, because the limbs are already working from point blank, not starting to work when you pull the bow, so you do already have an inner tension, that's why i don't let the inner thirds work more than the do. hope my explanation helps ;D

Offline PatM

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 10:07:54 am »
Yes, but you would be incorrect. Unless you are talking about reflexed outer limbs that will retain some of their curve even at full draw the reflexed inner limb portions should be working a bit harder to extract the most out of the glued in reflex.
 As it is you have the parts with virtually no glued in reflex help doing the brunt of the work. If they are able to hold up fine then the inner portion can also.

Offline adams89

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 10:54:17 am »
so you think my tiller should look ore elliptical?

Offline PatM

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 11:25:52 am »
It should be more even.  I would worry about that first.

Offline adams89

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 11:45:58 am »
I got the bow done and finished, Pat I hope you'll be satisfied too ;D, thanks for your advice