Author Topic: Another albino deer news story.  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Parnell

1’—>1’

Offline Zuma

Re: Another albino deer news story.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:54:20 am »
Things like this are usually a"Catch 22". (old movie about paradoxes)
I know a full mount would be expensive but I hope he does it so the
creature's beauty will live on.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 10:26:56 am »
Hunters buy the right to take game. As a game animal Albino deer are fair game. Chances are, if this deer would have died of natural causes, the people who enjoyed looking for him, or catching a quick glimpse of him would cry foul as well. Kudos to the hunter for even thinking of donating the animal so other people could enjoy it in the future.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 12:03:41 pm »
They are genetic defects, Shoot 'em and enjoy!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:20:36 pm »
That animal had a full life and shouldn't have to suffer a painful demise.  I often think these deer that are hit with well placed shots and go down relatively quickly have it good.

We should all be so lucky to have such a quick and natural demise.

I think that is discrimination.  Just because it was albino doesn't mean it should be treated any differently than the other deer.  I mean, didn't we all learn this lesson from watching poor Rudolph not being allowed to play in the reindeer games?  Really?!

Dirty discriminators. >:D ;D
1’—>1’

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 08:11:28 pm »
Maybe if he asks his detractors on face book to donate for the mount
they will help out. I want a black Polar Bear.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 07:07:59 pm »
  Check out the white deer heard of Seneca Army Depot in Romulus new york nothing new here,  my dad retired from there  they taste the same as brown deer sorry JeffW

Offline Chad

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 12:20:43 pm »
That animal had a full life and shouldn't have to suffer a painful demise.  I often think these deer that are hit with well placed shots and go down relatively quickly have it good.

We should all be so lucky to have such a quick and natural demise.

I think that is discrimination.  Just because it was albino doesn't mean it should be treated any differently than the other deer.  I mean, didn't we all learn this lesson from watching poor Rudolph not being allowed to play in the reindeer games?  Really?!

Dirty discriminators. >:D ;D

haha too funny!

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 10:15:53 pm »
Albino deer...the other white meat!

Bada bing! Thank you, folks! I'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your waiter! Now how about a warm round of applause for our next act in from Lake Winnipesockey, Wisconsin, Herbert Bert The One Man Brass Band!
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 04:01:02 pm »
A huge thank you to Herbert Bert, the One Man Brass Band, for filling in at the last minute when Tony the World's Smallest Talking Pony had to cancel.  Don't worry, folks, he's not actually ill, just a little horse.

There is a false logic to saying don't shoot "this" deer when it is an oddity vs. that deer that is not.  After all, many people seek out nontypical racks, right?  In nature, anything that stands out gets whacked!  One single out of color feather on a grouse in a flock, and a prairie falcon locks it's targeting mechanism on that bird!  That's why uniform patterning or coloring is so effective at confusing the predator...think of zebra in a herd....then think of one of them without stripes on the legs.  Which one gets picked out and picked off?

These people that get emotionally overwrought like this are the same people that get emotianally overwrought when their pet is in distress and agony from old age.  They fight like hell to make sure that animal suffers a few days longer out of "kindness".  When I get old or so broken down that life is a burden, I want everyone around me to understand I would appreciate it if they would grab the power cord to whatever machine is keeping me alive and pull it.  AND PULL IT LIKE YOU ARE STARTING A LAWNMOWER!

Dang, mullet...back off!  It's only a hangnail and a headcold, not yet!  Not yet, I say!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 07:12:38 pm »
Well, the folks who are in a kerfuffle are usually looking for a reason to say hunting is bad, wrong, etc. "Look at this unique animal that got killed...because of hunting."

Reminds me of "humane" weapons of war. You can drop napalm on troops, incinerate the whole regiment, they're all burning alive, and you can call it a day. But pop one of them with a hollow-point bullet, and it's time to get up the war crimes tribunal! Huh??!!

Ever seen a guy polishing off a porterhouse steak while pontificating about how "wrong" hunting is? There's a sight. "Well, that's different!" Different how? "It just is!" Ah! The Ancient Rule of Just Is. "Well, I'm not going out and killing animals!" Right, you're indirectly paying someone else to do it. You just enjoy the end result. No muss, no fuss, no smelling the gut pile, neatly cut and wrapped, how convenient. "Well, cows are bred for meat!" So are deer. They just don't know it.  ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 10:09:51 pm »
I found a way to make that point to meat eaters that look down their noses at me for saying they could never hunt, it is just wrong.  I tell them if that is the case then Charles Manson is morally pure because he, too, never killed. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 11:12:13 pm »
That's a good point. I never thought about that.