Author Topic: Hex nut point method  (Read 8368 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Hex nut point method
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 04:35:45 pm »
I would love to see the results when you do.

+1!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 09:12:56 pm »
Best of all, Tree_Ninja, these are unregistered ammunition!  Best for clandestine bow-ops, right?

I'm kinda trying to figure out how you could do one of these and then unscrew one of the nuts and add a wing nut inbetween....be a killer small game point!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 09:28:10 pm »
i love this but the pic with the dremel made me shudder :-X if i ever try making some like this i think i will use a coarse file instead ;D

do you ever feel the need to use any glue/lock-tight to help hold the nuts together?

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 02:15:50 am »
I tried a file and had no luck.  something about two spinning surfaces--one that grinds and the other to keep it round.  Maybe your file is better than mine.  A grinder and a hand drill works too. I also tried it on the belt sander with success, but it was harder to shape.  You will go through the cutoff wheels pretty quick, but they are cheap.  Wear protective glasses for sure.

no locktite is necessary.  If you can unscrew them, you would need vice grips or something, and it would probably ruin it.  There is no way they will come lose on their own.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 02:53:52 am »
I'm kinda trying to figure out how you could do one of these and then unscrew one of the nuts and add a wing nut inbetween....be a killer small game point!

I would make the point, then add a wing nut and another unrounded nut behind that.  No need to unscrew anything

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 08:44:28 pm »
I tried a file and had no luck.  something about two spinning surfaces--one that grinds and the other to keep it round.  Maybe your file is better than mine.  A grinder and a hand drill works too. I also tried it on the belt sander with success, but it was harder to shape.  You will go through the cutoff wheels pretty quick, but they are cheap.  Wear protective glasses for sure.

no locktite is necessary.  If you can unscrew them, you would need vice grips or something, and it would probably ruin it.  There is no way they will come lose on their own.

good to know, i will have to do some experimenting when i get a chance ;D also nice to know that i don't need glue the whole process will be simpler :laugh: