Author Topic: Hundreds of Osage logs  (Read 7282 times)

Offline Dancing Fox

• dancingfoxcabin.com
Hundreds of Osage logs
« on: November 13, 2014, 03:11:24 pm »
650 Osage Orange logs available. Sizes from 5" - 10" diameter and lengths from 7 ft. - 9 ft.
Cut 60 years ago. Have been stored inside for a 1 1/2 years. Ready and waiting for you.
Willing to discuss trade value.
Bellevue, Ohio
Many previous satisfied customers.
Bring your pickups, trailers and buddies and stock up before somebody else beats you to them.  (Think of everything you can make from the leftover chunks and full-sized logs that you don't make into staves to keep or resell! Here are a few ideas;
*Handles for knives, hatchets, tomahawks, axes and other tools
*Duck calls
*Pipes
*Bowls and boxes
*Native American flutes
*Rustic furniture (Head/foot boards, tables, lamps, etc.)
*Porch posts and hand railings
*Gazebos, trellis, arbors, pergolas
*Fence posts
photos upon request
four-one-nine-six-eight-one-zero-four-one-six
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:49:57 pm by Dancing Fox »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Hundreds of Osage logs
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 06:53:21 pm »
Glad to see you here, Dancing Fox, but please read the rules before you post.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline 4dog

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 09:13:59 am »
He said willing to discuss TRADE value...he didnt mention money...or am i missing something?  Must be a secret message.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 09:48:22 am »
Notice the edit note on the bottom of the post? That means he went back and changed it after the original post was made. Now did he take money talk out? Odds are since it was 20 minutes after Brian enlightened him.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sleek

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 09:56:49 am »
Well lets not run him off, maybe he has good deals. If they are good enough I might sell some stuff for gas money and take my truck to come back with a full load.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Stringman

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 10:04:02 am »
Nothing wrong with trades... Or osage!  Thanks for following the rules Fox. Any chance you can throw some pictures up. You might get more interest that way.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:24:02 am »
Look them up on Craigs List......
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 10:29:21 am »
When someone comes on PA for the first time with an offer like this a red flag goes up. Why didn't Dancing Fox come on and introduce himself first, let folks know who he is? It makes me doubt his initial intentions. And where is dancing Fox now? Why hasn't he acknowledged any of the replies.
 As admin or Mod on this site we see lots of stuff most of the members don't see. We deal with folks trying to take advantage of our members with a carrot on a string. There are ways of doing things here and popping in with a potentially commercial venture without the courtesy of an introduction or even asking if it is OK ain't one of them. When our own members send us Admins and Mods a "Reported Post" we act to straighten it out, whatever it takes.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dancing Fox

• dancingfoxcabin.com
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 10:35:51 am »
I thought I had scanned this site quite well for "rules and regulations" and didn't see where folks aren't allowed to post items to "sell".  That, apparently, was my over site BUT...
a) The webmaster/designer should make that information more prominent to avoid issues such as this.  This isn't an excuse on my part but it IS a highly suggested thought.  My wife makes wonderful, easy to navigate and easily found (SEO) websites from scratch and I know it wouldn't take much to make a change at or near the top of the "Trading Post" heading indicating that selling, per say, is NOT allowed in that category.  It would have saved me a lot of time, consternation and embarrassment.  It's an easy fix.
b) My intentions were to offer all the Osage I have to bowyers at ridiculously low prices in order to help them continue to enjoy the art and craft of making bows and maybe entice others to join in.  I can't hunt anymore due to health and income constraints and this was one way for me to keep my hands a little bit involved.
c) I DO "play by the rules"
d) I apologize for any problems I may have caused.
e) I'll go back and attempt to delete my ad.
f) Any suggestions where I can market all these Osage logs would be greatly appreciated!  (Understand that we don't have "deep pockets" to invest in marketing.)

This is a great site with lots of info and I will tell others about it. I also intend on posting in the future as I love the sport.  In particular...I have an old Russ Hoogerhyde bow.  FYI; Russ was the World Archery Champion for several years spanning the late 1930's through early 1940's and went into the inaugural class at the Archery Hall of Fame.  I know of only 6 others bows of his to survive (and that comes after 6 months of diligent research, calling the top bow experts and authors in the U.S. and speaking with one of Russ' surviving children. These bows are so rare that the Archery Hall of Fame doesn't even have a sample. 

Thanks everyone,

Paul (Dancing Fox)

"A pointed stick without feathers is just a stick."

Offline Dancing Fox

• dancingfoxcabin.com
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 10:56:11 am »
Okay..........
Herein is a demonstration to my integrity and honesty for those who thought I was attempting to "skirt the rules".
1) I have tried 3 times to delete my posting without success (this shows my lack of this site's navigation, my skill sets and patience). (Not too many people are willing to admit their flaws, faults or failures...but I just did.)
2) If my post is that offensive or "illegal", I am now requesting the Admin. to help.

I hope this message satisfies everyone and puts everyone to rest.  I really did NOT come here to upset anyone! I came here to help.

**** Special note: I hereby request the administration to delete my ad titled, "Hundreds of Osage logs" ***

Paul 

Ps. I am NOT a business.  I'm just an63 year old carpenter who, once-upon-a-time lived to work hard and hunt harder.

Offline sleek

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 11:12:15 am »
Dont take it hard, we self regulate. You are welcome here I promise. Stick around, you will have fun. Im saving your number for the future when I can afford osage, if thats ok?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Stringman

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 11:30:34 am »
Stick around, Paul. The longer you stay the more family-like you become. Thanks for the intro/explanation.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 11:41:38 am »
If you do stick around, you'll be glad its ran as such. It feels good knowing somebody ALWAYS has your back.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 12:00:54 pm »
I thought I had scanned this site quite well for "rules and regulations" and didn't see where folks aren't allowed to post items to "sell".  That, apparently, was my over site BUT...
a) The webmaster/designer should make that information more prominent to avoid issues such as this.  This isn't an excuse on my part but it IS a highly suggested thought.  My wife makes wonderful, easy to navigate and easily found (SEO) websites from scratch and I know it wouldn't take much to make a change at or near the top of the "Trading Post" heading indicating that selling, per say, is NOT allowed in that category.  It would have saved me a lot of time, consternation and embarrassment.  It's an easy fix.

The admin on this site have a rules page posted in bold letters at the top of the trading post page.  It is in the exact location that you suggested it be. 

Here is a link to it.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,1950.0.html
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 12:55:36 pm »
When you initiate a post at the bottom of the page there is a box to delete thread
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹