Author Topic: Tiller opinion for Vine maple bow  (Read 2096 times)

Offline P. Yew

Tiller opinion for Vine maple bow
« on: November 07, 2014, 08:10:15 pm »
Hey friends,

Would love some opinions on how the tiller is going for this 60" vine maple bow. It's 1.5" wide for the center 24" of the bow. Then it tapers to the tips.

Below is the unstrung bow. The bow braced at 7" and the bow pulled to 25".

Thanks in advance.

P Yew

Offline Peacebow_Coos

Re: Tiller opinion for Vine maple bow
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 08:29:25 pm »
My inexperienced eyes say it looks pretty good, maybe a bit stiff in the outer on the right, the one on the left is tricky cause of that dogleg.  This looks like a bendy handle?  If so you could get the inners working more.  What draw length are you ending up at? 

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 10:24:33 pm »
To me, the right outer third/half looks a bit stiff but I am also new. See what the experienced bowyers say

Offline P. Yew

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 01:49:24 am »
Thanks PC and Jeff. I can see the stiff areas where you're talking about. Yes, It's a bend in the handle design.

I'm going for a 27" draw, but I still have some weight to lose. It's 50# @ 25" and I'm fine with anything between 45 and 50 @ 27".

The left limb has been tricky, but I've been trying to keep the thickness taper consistent.

Cheers.

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 11:29:58 am »
   I believe on the right track, when you make adjustments on the left limb stay away from the knot. until you get the section to the left of the knot bending a little more

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 02:21:12 pm »
i think it looks great,, maybe the right limb work mid limb out a bit more,, but hard to tell from the photo,, it may be perfect,,,
keep in mind you will lose some weight when you shoot it in,, you are at about 55 at 27,,, if you shoot it some more and fine tune a bit you will be at your 50,, at full draw it may shift a bit and you would have some room to tiller and keep it above 45

Offline P. Yew

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 05:10:18 pm »
Thanks for the replies!