Author Topic: Ash flatbow with painted back 55/26" (No. 54)  (Read 8663 times)

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
Re: Ash flatbow with painted back 55/26"
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 02:47:14 pm »
Thank you Gentlemen, glad you like it!

Very cool!  I am always amazed by the craftsmanship and variety of all the different bows you make. 

GB, I really enjoy doing different things / bows. I have learned a lot that way.
Another beautiful piece Simson, can't wait to see what else you've been saving up!

Oh my, I have about a dozend bows fresh made or nearly finished. Can't post every bow, I'm lazy in this things. Much more fun in the shop as on the computer.

Very cool.  I like the antiqued look.    Do you sleep every now and then?

yes, I enjoy sleeping. I save a lot of time not watching tv. An other thing is bow hunting isn't allowed in my country. So when you lucky guys are out in the woods - I'm in my shop :laugh:

Very cool Simon, excellent bend on that one.  The paint job and handle wrap look great as well, has that museum relic look to it, I love that look. Looks like you gave it a good deep heat treatment on the belly
as well, the resting and braced profiles show how nice your work really is.

Greg, it's my bad photography! There are shadows from the shrubs and bushes on the belly, which looks like heat treatment. The only heat on the bow is for string alignment (very little) and for flipping the tips.

Nice one, I like the handle and the the slender outer limbs, should be shooting very pleasantly. I like self made pigments a lot, it just looks way cool and doesn't destroy the wood's magic like acrylic paint sometimes does.

Same for me! Meanwhile I have 14 different pigments, still collecting when i get my hands on promising stuff.

Thank you all!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline bushboy

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 06:04:22 pm »
Perfect tiller and awesome art work!beauty!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Deerslayer

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 05:37:48 am »
Hi Simson, This bow has all of the right curves. Beautiful. The paint gives it authenticity.
Cheers, Deerslayer.
Akita mani yo (Observe everything that you see)

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 10:17:27 pm »
Somehow this slipped by me, nice bow! :)
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 01:15:21 pm »
There are a handful of guys here that when I see them post a bow I can't wait to see it. This bow just reminds me why you are one of those guys!