Author Topic: Reflexed Hickory Pyramid Tiller Check  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Vgo750

Reflexed Hickory Pyramid Tiller Check
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:14:21 pm »
64" TTT 2" at fades i think just over 1/2" tips right now.  Dry heated about 2.5 inches of reflex in and very modestly flipped the tips.  It immediately goes back to about 1" of reflex when unstrung(mostly at the tips though). I am at 50sh at 23sh and would like a solid 55-58 at 27 when im all done.  Thanks for taking the time and sorry for the crappy pic in my kitchen!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Reflexed Hickory Pyramid Tiller Check
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:23:44 pm »
Get the outer limbs bending more; outer 2/3 on the right and outer half on the left. Leave the last 6" stiff on both.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 04:13:22 pm »
x2 pat nailed it
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 07:35:01 pm »
+1 Pat, also once that is fixed you might want to start pulling it to 55 if that's what you want it to end up.  You usually do that from the beginning.  Looks like it's gonna be a nice one though!

mikekeswick

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 07:46:25 am »
50 @ 23 = about 56lb at 25 right now without doing anything to it. Of course the tiller needs correcting but I'd be very gentle removing wood from the outer limbs (it does need wood removing). With a pyramid you want equal bend over the whole limb apart from a shade less bend out of the fades. Arc of a circle. For this tiller a tillering gizmo means you can't really go wrong.... >:D
 You have very little room to play with to hit your draw weight at 27.
If I was tillering to 27 I would basically stop once I got that weight at 25 then I would shoot it a lot at the shorter draw. Check the weight after and you may then be at 26, a little final sanding would get me to 27.
Tiller is more important than hitting weight though.