Author Topic: Golf cart repair help  (Read 14490 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Golf cart repair help
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 07:49:10 pm »
 FOURRR!  Point!

You can also go on line with the brand and model number, and get a wiring schematic, or info on how to wire it, and trouble shoot the engine.  But it sounds like what has been said already, will help you quite a bit.  Oh, yeah, after the low wall tires, sparkly rims, and spinners, you can add the hydraulics, to make it a low rider, jumping cart, and you can call it La Bambi! ;D ::)  Camo of course is the only color for that, deer taxi. ;)  The question is, which, real tree stye, Army digital, military desert, woodland, tree...... etc.  So many choices.  Well good luck with it, and I do think you can get it ready for next year, and show your benefactor, what he threw away. ;)  Oooh, you could put an idler wheel on the frame on each side, and make cleats, and get some conveyor belt, and split it, bolt the cleats on it, and make it into a half track!! Just saying..... ::) :P
                                   Wayne

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 09:53:57 pm »
If anything I'll make a log skidder to go behind it.  It won't have much pulling power.  I didn't get to work on it today.  Got busy with something else.  Hope to spend some time on it tomorrow.  I'll be able to mess with the gas stuff now  ;) 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 06:24:53 am »
Why? did you get your big buck,thought you wouldn't fool with gas when you are hunting, :) :)
I did want to add, I have been a mechanic all my life and a bow hunter for almost 40 years,I have killed my share of deer and some pretty nice ones,I also specialized in Carburetor repair [GAS] before all these things went to fuel injection and such,worked with gas most everyday, I just washed good and never seen any ill effects from it as far as hunting,so that statement about gas just kind of threw me off. By the way if that one is anything like the ones we have here at work,and it looks about the same ,it has more power than you think,I had our at the club a couple of years at some of our shoots,I could ride 4 or 5 adults easy[no problem] so i feel sure with a small bed of sorts it will haul a deer out or stands in,they are pretty quite to boot.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 09:23:45 am »
Why? did you get your big buck,thought you wouldn't fool with gas when you are hunting, :) :)
I did want to add, I have been a mechanic all my life and a bow hunter for almost 40 years,I have killed my share of deer and some pretty nice ones,I also specialized in Carburetor repair [GAS] before all these things went to fuel injection and such,worked with gas most everyday, I just washed good and never seen any ill effects from it as far as hunting,so that statement about gas just kind of threw me off. By the way if that one is anything like the ones we have here at work,and it looks about the same ,it has more power than you think,I had our at the club a couple of years at some of our shoots,I could ride 4 or 5 adults easy[no problem] so i feel sure with a small bed of sorts it will haul a deer out or stands in,they are pretty quite to boot.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy

You are right Pappy.  Got one yesterday but not with primitive gear  :-[   I don't have any experience hunting with gas smell on me.  I just try to avoid any foreign smells during the season.  The wife isn't allowed to put on any perfume when I'm getting ready to go out.  I don't even like to use polyurethane to seal staves during hunting season.  Probably doesn't make a difference but that is just the way that I have always been. 

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 09:24:29 am »
Don't forget to also add step rails so those short legs of yours can get up into that monster truck.  :laugh:

And ya might have to also put a wood block(osage preferred) to the gas pedal so your foot can reach the pedal  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Haaa haa ha!  Sorry Clint, but that was funny. :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 09:30:27 am »
That was a good one Greg.  Maybe if Blackhawk ever comes for a visit I'll take him for a ride under some low hanging branches.  Might knock some of the shine off of the top of his melon.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 11:13:57 am »
Pictures please. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 10:00:17 pm »
Thanks pappy  ;)

I finally got some time to work on the golf cart again.  I removed the old fuel line that ran the pump and it was shot.  I could see holes through it.  I bought new hose and put it on.  I took the carburetor off and it looks very clean.  My father in law said that he thought he had cleaned it.  When I took it off the bottom bowl was just finger tight.  I turned it easily and was able to take it off without using a wrench on the nut.  There wasn't a drop of gas in the fuel line or carburetor when I took it all apart.  That makes me think I am on the right track with replacing the line to the pump.  I don't know anything about carburetors.  I don't know exactly what to check for on it.  I hooked a hose up to it and blew on it to make sure nothing was plugged up.  The float thing seems to be working correctly. 

Now here is something else I found.  The old oil tank was still in place.  I took it out and noticed the hose wasn't attached to it.  It was hanging down by the frame but still connected to what I'm guessing is the engine pump on the other end.  That has a hose that runs to the intake manifold.  Could it be pumping dirty air into the intake?  Would that be enough to mess up the fuel/air ratio?  When it used to run he would have to choke it just a little bit to make it run better.  The oil pump area was covered in dirt and grease.  I cleaned a lot of it off so I cold see what was going on.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 10:09:01 pm »
Well Clint...I think your downplaying your mechanical knowledge a bit, but I'll play along.  Yep, you need to remove that line from the intake and cap it off.  It will definitely lean out the mix.  If you don't have any vacuum caps, you can cut a short piece of the hose and put a screw in one end of the hose to plug it off.  Then put it back on the nipple on the intake.  Josh

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 10:26:57 pm »
Thanks Josh.  I have a basic understanding of engines.  I pick up on things I read or hear.  That was the first time I have messed with a carburetor.  I'm just hoping I can remember how to put everything back together right. 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »
You gonna have your "Buck Truck" running around the woods pretty quick!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 11:18:58 pm »
I hope so.  I'm taking the daughter out Sunday with my crossgun.  She wants to try to get one.  My son wants to wait for gun season.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 12:09:23 am »
Clint, the high speed jet is in that tower coming up inside the float. It screws in and is fixed meaning there is no adjustment, it is metered by the size of the whole in it. If the hole in the jet is plugged by varnish the engine will idle but not run under a load(once you start to move). Soaking that jet in carb cleaner will clean it and dissolve any varnish and blow it out with compressed air. The ventouri(throat of carb) looks clean and the butterflies look good. These carbs are very simple.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 09:22:06 am »
Thanks Pat.  I blew some air through that part last night.  I don't think its blocked but I'll check again before I put it back together.  I'm enjoying working on this thing.  And I'm learning some new things as I go along. 

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 06:45:24 am »
Can't wait to see this deer taxi up and running.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN