Author Topic: The Three Bears Bow Set(Lots of Pics)  (Read 21050 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: The Three Bears Bow Set(Lots of Pics)
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 10:54:46 pm »
That would be impressive for a regular guy, but for a yooper that is freekin amazing.  ;D  
You did a great job Dana, the bows are beautifull. I love the tips and the birch bark is really nice. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Gordon

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 01:04:26 am »
What a great story. Kudos to you for giving those bow away as gifts. Beautiful bows - every one of them.
Gordon

duffontap

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 01:16:53 am »
You are quite a craftsman Dana.  Beautiful details.  Way to represent the mods!

J. D.

Offline michbowguy

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 01:43:06 am »
maybe some day "us trolls" down here can make such nice bows!
lol
great set dana.
jamie

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 03:38:24 am »

hey dana!  -  this is one beautiful set of bows! great tiller all of them and the tip detail are real eyecatchers!
frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 06:24:25 am »
Thanks guys your coments mean an awful lot to me. This was a fun prject for me, I also made 3 arrows apiece for the adult bows.
Scott is a compound shooter maybe this will bring him over. Sara has never shot a bow, and Lilli is a fantastic kid with a great sense of humor.
She is a pleasure to have around the house. Ya Shannon dats a Yooper eh ;) I was wearing my sunday best also ;D
We can't do enough for the fine men and women that have served our country in my opinion, Scott's done 3 tours and Sara is on her first.
Looks like it might be a June wedding can't wait to put the bows in thier hands and get them shooting. ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Staver

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 09:09:45 am »
Hi Dana, My name is Goldylocks (I have a 28" draw) and I really like the three bears bows.  Do I get one too!!??  Excellent looking bows.  I really like the tips and the backing on baby bear.  Your work is very inspiring.  I hope your family will get a lot of enjoyment from their new gifts.  I think you're everyone's favorite uncle. 8)  Joe

Offline DanaM

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 10:21:59 am »
Staver thanks for the compliment, I have relatives lately that I never knew existed ;)
Next few are going to be for me ;D well maybe  :-\
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 12:32:05 pm »
Looks like a fine set of bows to me. All bookmarked for Jan Self Bow of the Month, too.
You've got the same problem I've got. Too much snow and I can't shoot arrows outside.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

tradrick

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 01:00:01 pm »
Great looking set of bows.Love the tips and the big smile on Lili's face.tradrick

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 01:30:13 pm »
Dana...that is fantatic. Very nice job as usual. I know they will cherish them for life. Lot a love put into those bows.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 07:22:03 pm »
Sweet bows Dana..that smile on her face says it all....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 08:42:11 pm »
Great set of bows, the little girl is a doll, now, have them take those bows and wipe out the three little pigs lol!
VB

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 09:17:54 pm »
The first one shoots too hard.  The second one shoots too soft.  But that third one is just right.  Great work.  I confess that I don't know what the shape of your maker's mark is.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline DanaM

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 06:39:18 am »
Lennie my makers mark is the outline of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan or as we call it Yooperland ;D

VB porkchops fer dinner eh. ;D

Manistique, MI