Author Topic: A little down today  (Read 11527 times)

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
Re: A little down today
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 09:51:40 pm »
Dang The luck bro! Lets cut some trees, put a wood stove in,and stick some deer to eat!  And im with Eddie on this one
laugh. its good for ya

Offline bow101

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 11:04:19 pm »
$450/month with 13 acres to boot that is crazy.   To bad you have to depart.  Who knows something else may come your way that will make up for your loss.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline wildman

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 11:39:38 pm »
There is always a way. A Tiny house could be an option , or as Mullet said build an apartment in the shop. Good luck.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 12:09:54 am »
Sorry to hear that buddy, sounds like a little bit of heaven. You should go for it. Maybe the owner would work with you on the price. I'm with the other guys, a small house is nice. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 12:38:30 am »
Brian my wife abd I are currently tearing down old houses and barns to build a house.  There is a lot of material out there for free.  Look into that.  A lot of work but worth it.  I'll post some pics soon of our progress.  Check out a guy named Brad Kattel, a bit kooky but very cool ideas.  Hope this helps.

Offline wildman

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 08:59:14 am »
Brad Kattel ROCKS!!!!!!  Texas tiny houses. I have built one house with about 60% recycled materials, and am currently building one about 400 sqft at about 90% recycled currently. It can be done. IdahoMatt I have a cool thread I am going to start you will like , and Brian it may help out.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 09:58:56 am »
Some good ideas all around folks, thanks. My plan all along was to make the shed a house. Water, electric, and lagoon access is all right there. Already got good electric in the shed and water line goes under one corner, lagoon pipe is only 20' away. The problem is Real value of property is closer to $75k... Ive already spent a few yrs repairing my financial stupidity(lol) and i learned some hard lessons while digging myself out of a very deep hole....I just cant put my self in a position like that again. The price would have to soften quite abit... Thanks for all the ideas and support guys... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 10:03:16 am »
I totally understand Brian. 

Keith have you gotten his DVDs.  We have about four houses lined up for tear down.  Almost done with the first one.  Then on to the next.  The one we are working on right now was built in the 50s and the next about the teens then the one in the next town ove the mountain was built turnof the century.  I can't wait.  I would love to see that thread.  I planning on starting one too ;)

Offline Marks

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 10:03:28 am »
Have you had an appraisal done? Where did that figure come from?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 10:08:34 am »
Landlord is havin that done now... Im compairing to other property in my area. Property is over-inflated here mostly cuz were right beside college town(MIZ-ZOU)... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 10:20:13 am »
You should see if the eight years of rent would count for somthin.   :)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 10:23:18 am »
If the trailer is where you are living now and you find it good enough then I don't see why you would need to build a house, at least right away.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 11:51:24 am »
I wouldnt hafta build right away mark. The plain truth is the property aint worth $150k with a trailer on it. Sad truth is trailers add $0 to the value of property. Most banks dont even consider them in price overall.... Brian

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 12:30:04 pm »
Man, What I wouldn't give for property values to be like that in Utah. I bought my place a little over a year ago. 1900 SQ Ft house, on .19 for 210K. I do have 1100 square feet of possible shop, but no lake, and neighbors quite close.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 02:25:00 pm »
It is amazing the difference in property values from state to state, or even town to town.... Brian