Author Topic: A little down today  (Read 11529 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
A little down today
« on: September 17, 2014, 10:08:49 am »
Well..all good things come to an end they say... After renting the same place for 8 yrs i gotta move.. I have been very blessed in the fact that i had a 2.5 acre lake, a 30x60 shop, and 13.5 beautiful acres to hunt on plus a very energy efficient home..all for $450/month! Landlord decided it was time to sell, as agreed she gave me 1st option but it is just to far out of my financial range  :(.. I moved here after i got divorced all those yrs ago... It gave me a place to hide from the world for a time, a place to hunt and fish, a place away from the city to raise my son, a place to heal, and a place to get closer to my Creator.. This place truly changed and saved my life... It has become a good friend to me... I will miss you old friend.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: A little down today
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:13:16 am »
So sorry to hear that,ya some places become just like old friends. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 10:23:33 am »
Thanks Pappy. My main concern right now is finding a place to take my Dad hunting. He's 76 and cant take the cold like he used to.. I have a shack set up inda woods for him here... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 10:30:30 am »
You got to be gone right away,or when it sells. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:17:45 am »
Must be tough to have to leave a place like that.
Nice to know you enjoyed it for the time you did.
Saying a prayer you find a better place.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 01:10:17 pm »
Thankya Zuma! Pappy, i will most likely be there thru November..so we can get some hunting in hopefully... Brian

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 01:31:44 pm »
Sorry to hear that Brian. I know how much you love that place. I assumed t was yours. How much are they asking for it?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 01:52:14 pm »
Just buy it Brian! At least you will be happy broke.

I can liken this to a small farm I hunt. I have hunted it for 15 years and soon enough the 83 year old farmer will be gone and so will my rights. It will sting for a long time. It starts feeling like your own place after so long.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 02:35:24 pm »
$150,000. It'd be worth it but its a 20 yr old trailer... I couldnt afford to biuld a house on it if i bought at that price.... Brian

Offline Billinthedesert

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 03:44:27 pm »
Brian, this is a depressing situation all right. Is there enough timber on the property to get most of a log home built? I've been through a divorce and the loss of my home, too.
Wish you the best.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 03:49:57 pm »
Its loaded with mature oak and hickory... Brian

Offline Billinthedesert

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 04:18:16 pm »
Brian, wild idea, but a guy on a colonial forum a couple of years ago got fellow forum members to help him build a historically inspired cabin in Kentucky in return for camping and get-together privileges. A lot of the volunteers just wanted to experience building a simple home of logs and hewn/sawn boards using the old methods. The way you describe that property, it might be ideal for this sort of project. If you don't have or can't run an Alaskan sawmill, I know there are many here who can. (I was just reading John Bybee's Iowan path thread.) Sounds to me like you have a lot of heart invested in that place worth trying to preserve. I'd help if I were closer.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 04:49:34 pm »
I like the way you think Bill  ;).... Brian

Offline bubby

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 06:26:57 pm »
that's tough brian, check into straw bale houses, easy to build, great insulation, cool looking and fairly inexpensive, I know they are ok to build out here in earthquake country
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 09:40:50 pm »
Heck, build the shop into living quarters and then work at building the mobile home into a shop.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?