Author Topic: Tionesta Bow in Autumn Colors  (Read 7279 times)

Offline HickoryBill

Re: Tionesta Bow in Autumn Colors
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 11:43:26 pm »
Hey bud good looking bow..You get up Tionesta way much? I'm about a half hour from there..And about an hour and a half(maybe less) from where your from...
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 03:48:14 am »
Del,

I see what you're saying about rounding the tips.  I checked out a few pics on here and like the look.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Will be done on my next bow.

I understand about the chaffing string comment.  Are you suggesting a less angled groove or something else? 

That would be a great next bow theme - "Powered by Cat", in bright yellow and black of course.   ;)
Hi, If you make the groove wider at the belly end like ">" rather than "/" that way as the string moves is has a smooth passage.
What I sometimes do is pencil round the string at brace the n get it on the tiller an near full draw (I wouldn't leave it long at full draw) and look at how the string is sitting on the nock and pencil round it again. The devil is in the detail, I've had the string clicking and creaking as the bow is drawn, checking the nocks like that will cure it.
Del (Powered by Cat :laugh: )
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:30:07 am by Del the cat »
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Billinthedesert

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 12:18:47 pm »
Only your second bow?!!
WOW! Wish I had a sliver of your talent, Bryan.

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 02:54:26 pm »
Eye candy for sure!!! bet its a sweet shooter too. very cool
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!