Author Topic: Back yard picking  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Bone pile

Back yard picking
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:12:04 pm »
That could mean a few things .What I'm doing is fruit picking.Grapes,pineapple,starfruit ,mangoes and some longans. Nothing like tree ripened fruit.What are you pickin'?

I'm pickin'
and I'm Grinnin' ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Venice Florida

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Back yard picking
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:20:44 pm »
I ate a few handfuls of chokecherries today.  These were some of the largest and sweetest I have ever eaten.  Mmmmm, delicious!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:37:10 pm »
Only thing I'm picking is my nose. Blight has set in on our tomatoes and the whole crop is shot I fear. We will have peppers and okra though. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:03:22 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:08:11 pm »
Great! Bring me a basket full, to the Ridge.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Cade

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 09:18:36 pm »
I had a handful of mulberries earlier. They are really good this year.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:56:12 pm »
I picked a ripe tomato that was growing next to the sludge hauler dump station at work.  I put it in the break room  >:D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 10:19:59 pm »
O O aint it amazing what grows outbof those sludge pits? even after going through the press? guess only a plumber would catch what you said JeffW

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 10:59:35 pm »
Yep  ;)  Tomato seeds don't break down  :P
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 02:17:40 am »
It has been really wet here this month. Tomatoes are on strike, except for the grape tomatoes. Serranos are giving me about 15 a week. The corn is ready to go. Zucchini is hard to time due to the wet weather, along with the crook neck. I still have a few beets to pick. Onions are done. The cucumbers are few and far between, and a bit tart. Apples are getting close. Sad thing is, I feel like I need a larger garden.  >:D
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Will Tell

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 09:01:21 am »
Corn. Plums, tomatoes, peppers, cukes, blueberries. Have a raised garden so the excess rain doesn't bother the plants, one of my best years.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 01:19:09 pm »
Apples / plums and pears as far as fruit goes. Man you got a back yard full. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline 4dog

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 01:21:08 pm »
as a musician.was really hoping to see a guitar!!  >:(  ::)  but that looks good too!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 01:43:26 pm »
Our garden is startin to slow up but were still gettin mators, cukes, zukes, sugerbaby melons, cantalope, butternut squash,... Just startin to get peppers and eggplant and in another month we will have tators out the wazoo, lol... We did one 4x8' raised bed(mators) and 10 old tires with good black dirt from my Pop... We have all that in a 12x20' area thats terraced abit. Oh, and we started strawberries and asparagus in an old tractor tire and they are kickin butt but wont produce till next yr at the earliest..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 04:12:02 pm »
Corn. Plums, tomatoes, peppers, cukes, blueberries. Have a raised garden so the excess rain doesn't bother the plants, one of my best years.
:thumbsup: for us . . . minus the plums & blueberries.  Wife has eye on blueberry bushes @ local nurseries.  Tomatoes are huge and plentiful!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 09:35:54 am »
There are two seeds that will go all the way through a sewer plant and not break down.
Tomato and Mary-Jane Weed.  The guys at the sewer plant have to spray the sludge drying pits to kill it off.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama